How to Kick SIAA to the Curb??

I haven't left SIAA. I make way too much money & don't want to rock the boat at this point in my lif because I have young kids & you never know what the future holds w/ commission/production changes.

I just had the opportunity to acquire a 1.2MM BOB & turned it down. I'm segmenting out of the P&C grind & leaving SIAA or buying a book isn't part of my plan to take back my life.

Last I recall you're a turd in a large agency. I would push & push to go into commercial w/ them & learn that before you go on your own.

Man, you've softened up a bit. Must be the kids?

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about commission changes. Agency channels have been proven to be insanely profitable over internet/1800 direct channels. Plus, on top of that, let's both be real honest; our insureds are stupid and will not get the hand holding they want via an internet/1800 policy. But I agree, there are going to be some disruption in the industry for both commission and competition from the direct side.

And yes I've heard you talk about the grind and how it has affected you. I am glad that you are finally taking control.

And I am learning commercial. It's a bit harder than PL, but the rewards are greater. I got a few more commercial accounts I should be closing by the end of the month that should put me at 15% commercial versus 85% PL. Not great, not bad.

Just curious, why haven't you hired someone to help do the servicing? Hire another agent to write (while still taking 50%)? From my experience, that's where much of the stress comes into play. Or am I missing something?

He is actually right a Good % of the time. A very good % of the time. He just says it in a way most can't appreciate. He is Often spot on.

"PS - I ask this because I am planning on opening my own agency soon, despite you being a jerk 99% of the time, I believe that 1% of the time you have useful input, particularly being that you have had experience in this specific scenario."

He is actually right a Good % of the time. A very good % of the time. He just says it in a way most can't appreciate. He is Often spot on.

"PS - I ask this because I am planning on opening my own agency soon, despite you being a jerk 99% of the time, I believe that 1% of the time you have useful input, particularly being that you have had experience in this specific scenario."

Hey Shawn, want to send me a non-disclosure agreement so I can look at your carriers in MI? :)

That's a shame. Knowing the business, do you have any programs that I should keep an eye out on? Which ones to avoid?

You can do it in a PM if you want, I just don't want to lock myself into a bad contract.

Just curious, why haven't you hired someone to help do the servicing? Hire another agent to write (while still taking 50%)? From my experience, that's where much of the stress comes into play. Or am I missing something?

That's the direction I'm headed too. Burned out from trying to run two businesses at once. Trying to find someone who I can afford right now to groom into handling the day-to-day of my agency for me later. Hopefully pay them well enough to keep them long-term.

Back