How To Never Make Another Cold Call Again!

There are two types of insurance agents.

1. Hunter
This agent wakes up in the morning and goes out to hunt. Sometimes this agent comes back with a mastodon and other times this agent comes home empty-handed.
Every day it's a new battle and but yet they have to answer the same question. Will I bring home enough kill today?

2. Farmer
This agent wakes up and continually plants seeds. This agent sits back, waits and hopes that one day these seeds will be ready for harvest. This agent has a battle every day as well. Continuing to water and nurture the seeds in expectations of a full harvest. He/She has to answer another question. Will all of the time I spend nurturing, watering, and harvesting my crops pay off?

Can you guess which group most agents fall into?

If you guessed hunter, you're correct.

These agents spend a lot of time
-cold calling

-competing on price
-talking with uninterested prospects
-doing whatever possible to close a sale (and often times across as overbearing & needy)

But on the other hand, the agents that farm, well, they make an investment in marketing and expect for it to pay off in the future.

And as a result, they spend time dealing with more customers ready to buy.

In the long-run, who wins...?

The farmer.

Why?

Because they spend time building marketing systems and infrastructure that in time, bring consistently leads to them...

My question to you all is, what are you going to do today to make leads come to you tomorrow?

My question to you all is, what are you going to do today to make leads come to you tomorrow?
Nothing, I don't work on Sundays. Well almost never. Only if that's the only time they can see me.

Good post. Why can't we be both a hunter and a farmer. You go out and hunt each day while continuing to farm your book. Wino on the Forum "farms" his book of business.

Watch this for about 10 minutes or so. John Savage talks about the difference between being a hunter and being a trapper. (Farming often assumes that you have to wait for the seeds to grow.) But in order to be an effective trapper, you have to offer your clients MORE than what they would otherwise expect from you.

Last edited:
Back