How To Open Every Cold Call

While I'm against agents cold calling (I help agents get people to call them as a profession), I understand that it is a necessary evil....

Here's a quick tip to get anyone's attention while on the phone:

Prospect: Hello

You: Hi, you and I haven't had the chance to connect before/ you and I don't know each other / you and I haven't spoken before
*pause*
but the reason why I was reaching out is [insert reason why]
by the way my name is, [insert name] and I'm calling you from [insert company name]

Why it works? - because you're catching their attention prior to saying your pitch/name, secondly, you're establishing yourself as important

Imagine someone calling you and saying we don't know each other/ we haven't had the chance to connect / you and I haven't spoken before.....Think about that in your head...

Try it 10 times and respond below with whether it worked for you or not...

Happy selling!

Interesting! I'll give it a try. What do I got to lose?

Is that you you guys say to generate leads?

Yes, let us know if it works for you!

Sometimes we use this or we use different variations using the same framework.

The point is to get their ears prior to delivering your message.
Cold calls create a paradigm in our prospect's mind.
The second they get the feel its a cold call, the second they go into "get off the phone" mode.

"Who is the closest person to you to battle cancer...?" That little line there has given me more opportunity to speak to people (cold call in person) than any other line I've used. Cold calling is always based on an agents ability to make contact (1) and pivot (2).

While I'm against agents cold calling (I help agents get people to call them as a profession), I understand that it is a necessary evil....

Here's a quick tip to get anyone's attention while on the phone:

Prospect: Hello

You: Hi, you and I haven't had the chance to connect before/ you and I don't know each other / you and I haven't spoken before
*pause*
but the reason why I was reaching out is [insert reason why]
by the way my name is, [insert name] and I'm calling you from [insert company name]

Why it works? - because you're catching their attention prior to saying your pitch/name, secondly, you're establishing yourself as important

Imagine someone calling you and saying we don't know each other/ we haven't had the chance to connect / you and I haven't spoken before.....Think about that in your head...

Try it 10 times and respond below with whether it worked for you or not...

Happy selling!
Sorry.. You lost me with "You don't know me"... :radar: I will be aware of that fact so why waste my time telling me.. Get to the point if you wan my attention and have a chance on keeping on the call.

And then I will interrupt that pattern by actually saying "Sure, come on in..."

56111401.jpg

Sorry.. You lost me with "You don't know me"... :radar: I will be aware of that fact so why waste my time telling me.. Get to the point if you wan my attention and have a chance on keeping on the call.

The point is to get the person on the other line to pause and perk their ears up.

A statement like that (regardless of how much time we've "wasted") gets people's attention. It makes them ask themselves "why are you calling me then? is this call important? is this person important? etc. etc." which leads to ....

"the reason why I'm calling you is" ....

The point is to get the person on the other line to pause and perk their ears up.

A statement like that (regardless of how much time we've "wasted") gets people's attention. It makes them ask themselves "why are you calling me then? is this call important? is this person important? etc. etc." which leads to ....

"the reason why I'm calling you is" ....
All I am saying is, might work with some people.. doesn't with me.. It is an immediate turn off when I hear it.

Back