How to reduce these expenses

LOL - don't leave yet! It's just getting good!

Here is a PERSONALLY PRODUCED example of term vs IUL vs WL. Please notice that I used a level $10,000 premium for a 35 year old. The WL was a minimally funded policy for $762,000 death benefit, while I structured an IUL with a $363,000 death benefit... for the SAME $10,000 annual premium.

Attachments

• term vs wl vs IUL.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 18
Oh, and in that pdf, those aren't "account values". Those are SURRENDER values - accessible cash particularly during the first 10 years of the policy's surrender period.

One of my own "rules of thumb" for a properly structured life policy, is that in year 5, 75% or more of the premiums paid in would be available cash values. Less than 75%... and that's not a properly structured policy for cash value accumulation as the primary focus.

How does YOUR illustration compare?

You'll notice in my illustration, that the properly funded policy "breaks even" (cash values exceed premiums paid) in year 8 (per the illustrated credited interest) and the minimally funded WL policy "breaks even" in year 22.

And at the bottom, projected values at age 65 for both kinds of policies.

Hmmm... haven't viewed my PDF file yet. Of course, if you're on your phone, you won't see it (and it would be very difficult to read/dicipher on a small screen anyway).

Well, it's awfully hard to have a logical discussion without numbers. I provided mine (I guess about 5 minutes too late), but if someone is afraid of showing theirs, the only thing left to do is "bow out" of the conversation and label the conversation as "irrational".

You'll notice in my illustration, that the properly funded policy "breaks even" (cash values exceed premiums paid) in year 8 (per the illustrated credited interest) and the minimally funded WL policy "breaks even" in year 22.

And at the bottom, projected values at age 65 for both kinds of policies.

I am not discussing my policy on this forum. If you want to, contact me through pm. Don't drag me through mud because I just proved that this vehicle is NOT for middle class or poor people. Unfortunately, those are the majority of people that inhabit our planet and so insurance companies must "train" people like you to "train" them. In the last 3 weeks, I have learnt so much about this, I can get a license if I take the exam now. This is not a product you want to have at ripe old age. There are many such stories found on this forum like that 80 year old mother stressing at that age because her policy is lapsing.

Tell you what. Insurance companies should appoint fiduciaries who actively manage this product and make sure it performs as illustrated if the premiums are paid. Most agents make that sale and disappear. Maybe you are a good kind but majority are not.

Adios Amigo!

You didn't "prove" anything, nor did you even bother to click on my PDF that I uploaded. (There's a counter that shows how many "views" there are and it still shows zero.)

Now, the VAST MAJORITY of agents do NOT structure their policies correctly. That, I would certainly agree with you. But that doesn't mean that it can't be good for you and a valuable part of your portfolio.

Latest posts

Back