How to reduce these expenses

Mar 7, 2018

1. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    Now, if YOU are going to manage your own portfolio... go for it. It'll get harder for you to do as you get older. Up until your late 60's, it'll be fun. After that, it'll become a chore. And unless you are an SEC accredited investor, you'll have a harder time finding someone to manage your portfolio "your way".

Until then, I know my industry. I know my products. I know my strategies. You would obviously not be a fit to be a client of mine. Even if I was securities licensed again, most people OVER-estimate their stock market risk tolerance. Even and especially according to FINRA's own Financial Capability studies. People feel better about risk ONLY as markets rise.

http://gflec.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NFCS_2015_Report_Natl_Findings.pdf

But you go ahead and do it yourself. You obviously need my permission, so I'm giving it to you.

DHK, Mar 22, 2018
  2. mespinosa

mespinosa Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Covered call strategy is done all the time in retirement accounts and any broker would do that for you. pleaseeeeeeeeeee I cannot bear this level of ignorance from our financial advisors.

3. DHK

State:
    California
    This is an INSURANCE forum. And I already told you that Financial Advisors DON'T EXIST.

I'm telling you that buying/selling stock options is NOT for middle America. But you go ahead and do it yourself.

DHK, Mar 22, 2018
  4. DHK

State:
    California
    Lol - just because I had a Series 7, doesn't mean I ever bought stock options for any of my clients when I was with a broker/dealer.

And I haven't found a FIDUCIARY AUM platform that would do that either - requiring a Series 65 - the FIDUCIARY license, rather than the merely suitable Series 7 license.

DHK, Mar 22, 2018
  5. mespinosa

mespinosa Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thank you! I got one to admit it and I have few million more to go:)

6. DHK

State:
    California
    I admitted that in post #14 of this thread - my first one in engaging with you in this long diatribe of stuff.

DHK, Mar 22, 2018
  7. mespinosa

mespinosa Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Just check with schwab. they manage this kind of portfolios for middle america all the time.

8. mespinosa

mespinosa Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That doesn't mean you are not going to claim you are one in your next client interaction.

9. DHK

State:
    California
    DHK, Mar 22, 2018
  10. DHK

State:
    California
    Schwab is a "do it yourself" brokerage firm. Go ahead and hire them. Advisor liability is far lower when the client is taking on the risks of the strategies chosen.

Online Options Trading | Options | Charles Schwab

Apples and oranges.

DHK, Mar 22, 2018