How to sell business insurance?

chillywilly

I am thinking of starting an insurance brokerage marketing to businesses only. I am based in California and wanted to market my services to multiple US states.

Does anyone have some advice on how to start?
  • Licensing-what tests to sit for? (I want to sell liability/property)
  • What companies can I broker to?
  • What states can recognize California licensing, if any?
  • Do each of my employees need to be licensed to sell insurance, or can they work under my license?
Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Re: how to sell business insurance

I would start with selling in your state first.

Wow, sounds like a tall task.

I've sold business insurance for 6 years, and have done extensive research into starting my own brokerage.

The markets are extremely difficult to get unless you have a book to roll to them.

That's the first place to start. Nothing else matters if you don't have markets.

Do all the research you can to find markets, once you have this, the rest is easy.

PR

Hello everyone, I would check out this site ww w . Insur Crossing dotCOM
is has listings of hundreds of insurance jobs. It is a very helpful site, and easy to use. I found my job here so I figured you guys might want to check it out. I am in the Health Insurance field and had great luck with this site. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I would check out this site ww w . Insur Crossing dotCOM
is has listings of hundreds of insurance jobs. It is a very helpful site, and easy to use. I found my job here so I figured you guys might want to check it out. I am in the Health Insurance field and had great luck with this site. :)

SPAMMER:no::no::no::no:

Back