How To Shoot Yourself In The Foot...

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
Wrote an online app today. 23 Male wanted catastrophic coverage only (Saver 80). I explained coverages to him and his Dad. About $34 bucks per month.

Clean as could be. Should be a quick issue. Not so fast.

On the online app, he answered "no" to the question asking if he drives motorcycles. The next three questions were only to be answered if he answered "yes" to the motorcycle question.

Any idea yet where this is going? Oh yea? OK...then tell me. Not a bad guess.

Well...he answers the questions anyway, when he clearly should not have. One of the questions asks if he had any DUIs? Sure enough, he did and answered the question "yes."

So now, Golden Rule, who ordinarily would not have known that he had a DUI (they don't do MVRs), now has that information. I assume they will decline coverage. I feel bad for him, but it is out of my hands. It is in Golden Rule's hands. I wonder what they will do?

And now.... a small picture for your enjoyment...

BeaverCleaver.jpg

Under age 35 with a motorcycle license is an auto decline. Can't say about the DUI & time frame or age.

My guess is a decline, especially if he had to go to drunk school.

I have had folks before who had DUI's and were under 21. In GA if you get caught you have to go to drunk school & pay a big fine. Also have to wait a year before you get your license back.

The DUI school is a deal killer with every carrier. Falls under D&A counseling. Can't tell you how many college students (and former students) who cannot get insurance because they did something stupid in college.

Of course I was the perfect child. Never gave my parents any grief. Never got caught doing anything.

And just where did you find that old picture of me? Reminds me of the Waylon & Madame joke.

"Ward, you were a little rough on the Beaver last night"

I'll let you figure out what the setup line was.

Check World underwriting

DUI:
a)single episode
Within 1 yr...........PP
Over 1 yr.............IC/DEC

b)Two or more episodes
Last within 3 years.........RNA
Over 3 years.................IC

I have placed 2 DUI (1 episode each, over a year) with them. No rate up.

I am waiting for a guy to apply now - DUI 3 1/2 years ago and another one 6 years ago. The 6 yr old one does not show up on his MVR (I know 'cause my friend is his P&C agent). I called World pre screen and they do not see it as a problem - no other health issues and currently insured (not sure I believe pre screen, I didn't mention the MVR report though). Makes you wonder if the 6 yr old one would be counted since there is no MVR record of it.

I gotta quit prospecting in Bars!:goofy:
</IMG>

Last edited:
"On the online app, he answered "no" to the question asking if he drives motorcycles. "

I don't jump in and correct spelling or grammer very often (cause I'm the worst)...but it hits a major nerve in my pea-brain when people say "drive motorcycles."

You "ride" motorcycles. Not drive them.

Do you ride your car?

If the app really asks that...then the answer is no for everyone.

Back