How To Shoot Yourself In The Foot...

Chumps, I agree with your response to Newby----very well stated. I was hoping you were ther bald headed guy on the left in that picture, but then I had forgotten about you being a Shiek. How are the oil royalties doing?:eek:

Arn...oill revenues are booming, although it stays within the family. And as gesture to you, I am sending you a 50% gas discount on all BP stations in Philadelphia County, along with two seasons passes to all home Flyers games.

The exact wording that Golden Rule uses on the app is "In the last 24 months, has any applicant participated in driving any type of motorcycle?"

Newby...I understand your point, but grammatically, the term "driving a motorcycle is not inaccurate. And yes...that is a double-negative.

One rides a motorcycle and "drives" it as well....just as you drive a car. Theoretically, the act of "riding" connotates sitting as opposed to directing.

The point? None. No need to lose sleep over it.

I understand that it may be OK to say that as far as the dictionary definitation. But it still jumps out at me like when someone says "off-ten" when they mean often.

If you are ever asking that question to someone and you don't want to sound like an *** to people who know the difference, ask it as "Do you ride a motorcycle?"

And yes I am anal retentive about some things.

And don't even get me started about people who say Motor-cross when they mean moto-cross. Yeeeshhhh!

As a consumer, I applied to Golden Rule, the app asked if I rode a motorcyce. I said "yes". They declined me. I looked it up and found the AMA had already fought this fight. I shared this information with GR and they reversed their decision.

Was that on an individual policy or group?

Looks like the AMA (the OTHER AMA) got wording into HIPAA that prohibited so-called discrimination on HIPAA eligible plans. That law generally does not extend to individual plans.

Back