How to up cold calling results.

Rob Lion

Guru
So, recently i've been calling a list from Listshack of T65's of 400 dials I've made 2 Med supp appointments and closed both of them, and 1 FE appointment. Besides working more numbers whats some tips or a good script to increase numbers?

So, recently i've been calling a list from Listshack of T65's of 400 dials I've made 2 Med supp appointments and closed both of them, and 1 FE appointment. Besides working more numbers whats some tips or a good script to increase numbers?

My thoughts for you (apply as much as makes sense):

1) Ask for a quick minute to introduce yourself and the work you do, and then they can decide if it makes sense to keep talking with you or not. This is simply an upfront contract that gives the impression (illusion) that the prospect has control and that they will just tell you 'no' after they hear you out, but at least they are listening first, rather than waiting to tell you they aren't interested while you're still talking.

2) In that introduction, don't use words that cause people to pre-label you and your offering. If you say "I sell life insurance", expect people to think and say "I already have life insurance", so they have the mindset that "since I already have that, I don't need you". You can either say "Life insurance to not only protect your family, but provide intergenerational wealth"... you are adding to the dimension of what you're talking about, not just "life insurance".

Talk about what life insurance does, rather than what life insurance is.
Or, why it makes sense to re-shop their current med supp policy every year, or whatever.
Or talk about what you DO for people, rather than the company you represent.

By doing these things, you can open people's minds a bit better and connect with people and their needs/wants... than if you just "pitch" over the phone. Not saying you're doing that, but you can probably tell the difference in what I'm talking about.

Just my thoughts.

Most people feel overwhelmed and undereducated as they get closer age 65. Explain how you make the process easier and ask if you might be able to help. If you want to post what you are currently saying we can look at it for you.

Running dry on numbers to call though lot Of My area is on the dnc list. Unless I just spam the same numbers again and again.
You know, you can use the same cold calling method to prospect for any type of insurance.

Try calling small business owners in your area to sell them Term / IUL. (If you need more people to call). You might be pleasantly surprised.

Back