How to Use Facebook to Grow Your Agency and Make Your Life Easier

viz

Expert
Hey there fellow doers and dreamers!

Just dropping by with a little social media secret that can create BIG results for your business.

Those of you who have been using Facebook to market but have gotten poor results will especially like this.

I was an insurance agent for about 7 years out here in sunny California and now have turned my attention to marketing and growing small businesses.

I want to share with you one strategy I used to market my brand, gain new clients and retain my existing clients.

(If you work for a big company they may have rules in place that won't allow you to market this way, but for those of you who don't have those restrictions, this is GOLD).

Here is what you need:

A smart phone with a camera
Facebook Fan Page
Consistency

That's it!

Here's what to do:

1. When you gain a new client, obtain a smiling photo of them. You can take a photo, or you can have them send you an existing photo.

2. Edit the photo by slapping your agency logo on it. You can do this with free photo editors for your smart phone that you can find on Google Play or Apple Store/ITunes.

3. Post the edited image to your Facebook Fan/Business Page.

4. Ask the customer to tag themselves. (If you have treated them well they will be glad to do this, after all they have already given you a photo and you have helped them save money/get protected/feel good). When the customer tags themselves their circle of friends on Facebook is now able to see the image, noticing that their friend has chosen you to protect them.

THIS CREATES A REFERRAL VEHICLE FOR YOUR CUSTOMER.

You are doing them a favor. Now they tell a circle of their friends (average of 300 people) with your help, and they don't have to make a pitch.

When the friends see their friend (the whole reason they are on social media in the first place) they will hit "Like" on the image. Now whenever you make a comment on that picture in the future, all of the friends that hit "like" will be reminded of You, the cool insurance agency that takes care of their friend.

Now you stay in their consciousness, and have already gained the endorsed recommendation of already insuring their friend.

This works, and here is the short version of why:

1. If clients like you they want to refer you anyway.

2. The client gets an ego boost from being shown off on your page. PEOPLE REMEMBER HOW YOU MAKE THEM FEEL, not what you say or do.

3. It helps their friends. They do not have to think about who to call next for a quote when they start shopping.

4. When you want to offer some type of retention gift, you can go back to the image, announce your gift to that client, and their friends will know about it.

5. It is unique (hopefully if I have my way, not for long). This helps your agency stand out.
You also solve the engagement problem you have been having on social media. It's no longer about insurance, it's about THEM...and that's the way it should be, we are here to serve the customer.

That is the short version of it. You can get more info on the powerful psychology behind why it works in the manual for this method called Instant Buzz: The Little Facebook Secret that Gets Big Results. It can be found at instantbuzzbooks.com.

Why do you want the psychology behind the process?

So you can implement it in other social media platforms to acquire and retain customers for virtually NO FINANCIAL COMMITMENT! It's kind of like knowing how to bake a good cake. If you know the recipe of the process, you can recreate it. If you know a great recipe of creating referrals, brand awareness, and retention on Facebook, you can do the same on other platforms.

The website also has a free blog and the instagram page also has other innovative ideas and concepts.

I hope I was able to provide value.

Much success to you my friends,

Vis

Last edited:
I love this idea! Thank you!

...did you find that most people were willing to let you upload their mug to Facebook? Did many decline?

Thank you!

I have great relationships with my clients. If you are the type of agent that clients love they will gladly say yes. Not all will say yes, some are just shy and want nothing to do with extra attention.

For willing participants that don't have a Facebook account, take their picture anyway. They will still check your page, feel good about being shown off, and are more likely to talk about you. It also helps the social proof aspect when others check out your page.

Digressing now to a general discussion...(I like to talk, lol)

If you are not the type of person that clients love, you have bigger problems anyways as you are having to work extra hard to win and retain customers, and are needing to spend way more money in marketing than you would have to if you would just change your approach to the process.

"Advertising is the cost of being boring."

This method will mask that inefficiency of being boring for a bit, but you want to correct the reason why people don't love working with you. (Hint- it has to do with self-worth). Know your value, feel good about yourself, then pass off those GOOD FEELINGS to the customer. You will magnetically draw people to your business.

It's all about the customer experience. It's what makes Apple, Amazon, and Zappos successful. "Instant Buzz" will help in your endeavor to improve the customer experience.

If you do this consistently you will find leads start to trickle in and once you get really going people will ask to be on your page.

This takes a little bit of effort, and because it does, rest assured your competitors will not try it for long, or try it at all. And if you stick with it, you will find yourself in the good place of not having to work very hard at all.

Social Media is the ULTIMATE TOOL for word of mouth referrals. If you're not using the BEST TOOL to acquire new customers, ask yourself WHY?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
I know some Realtors who do this and it's probably easier for them to obtain a picture.

Definitely! This method works for almost any business. But if you work in a field where word of mouth referrals is your number one source of business, or could be, then this hyper-charges the effort by using the power of Facebook.

If you depend on the customer to do it, even if they love you they might tell one or two people. Now you take control and do the work for them. It makes everyone's life easier.

You can only pull this off if customers don't hate you. I say this so that agencies that use unethical practices don't shoot themselves in the foot. If you are getting bad reviews already you don't want to give customers a vehicle to magnify it.

Awesome post. I think it's a great idea. I'm in real estate also and have done this a few times for that but have never thought about doing it on the insurance side.

Awesome post. I think it's a great idea. I'm in real estate also and have done this a few times for that but have never thought about doing it on the insurance side.

Yes. I'm glad to hear that you've tried it before. This is especially effective if you have a service that clients pay for regularly like auto insurance, hair cuts, food and hospitality, landscaping, etc.

Don't just keep this information to yourself friends. Tell your prospects as it can help their business if they own one. It's a way to attract higher net worth clients!

This is a tool that helps people make money!

Use it to gain clients or build on existing client relationships. It is the gift that keeps on giving!

I'm not too sure if the younger generation would agree to this... The millennials see Facebook a little differently.

Whether they would or not, you raise a good point. I was very surprised to learn i am on the younger extreme of the age range that consistently use facebook. There are quite a few folks just 2 or 3 years younger than me who don't.

On the other hand, not sure how many under 30 households would be in the target market of most of the folks here. I was rather unlike most of my friends by actually having a net worth in my mid-20s.

I want to share with you one strategy I used to market my brand, gain new clients and retain my existing clients.

Vis,

I've had great success using Facebook and, even more, Youtube to generate inbound leads in the, believe it or not, Medicare Supplement niche.

What you've posted here is absolute genius. Thank you for sharing it!
The fact that it creates social proof, naturally goes "viral" in their sharing circles, and builds on-point content is AWESOME.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to share!

Chris Westfall

Back