How to Use Facebook to Grow Your Agency and Make Your Life Easier

Hey guys, I'm finishing up my book on how to use Instagram to grow your business.

Though your target audience may or may not use Instagram, the book's value lies in the principles found in growing the customer base that you can use in any avenue of advertising.

It's still raw as it has not gone through edits, but I'd like to get the information to you to help, and also to get feedback on where I can improve it before I put it up for sale.

As a way to start off 2015 in the right manner I would like to give you a FREE copy of the book so that you might have an edge you might not have had before. Just send a request to [email protected] with the subject line: "Instagram Book Copy" and I'll send you a copy when it's ready. (Edit: free copy no longer available but you can get on the list for my third book on Pinterest at instantbuzzbooks.com)

Instagram, like Facebook is a great tool to get attention for your business if used in certain ways.

If you have no idea what Instagram even is, the book is still of value as you can use what you learn in the book as high value ideas that you can offer your prospects.

Nobody will buy from you faster than the person whom you can help make more money.

I will create a separate thread once it's ready to be sent out. Probably on Wednesday.

Thank you and I hope the most success possible for you in 2015!

Last edited:
Many folks think they can just post business-related items all over Facebook, in their personal updates, too. This is not only bad business, but will be dealt with much more harshly in 2015. You may find your personal FB account banned.

Even business pages who've had folks who have LIKEd your page.. it used to be that those who LIKE your page would be updated when you post something new. Starting this month (January 2015), FB will stop showing this activity for free, and most updates will need to be PROMOTED in order to be seen, even by your followers.

See:
https://www.facebook.com/business/news/update-to-facebook-news-feed

Facebook has been an awesome strategy for me, and it certainly can be for your business, too. But it's important to study what is working TODAY and keep on top of their terms of service..

CW

Great post! A few months ago I got an idea about using facebook on this forum as well. Everytime I write a policy I kindly ask that person if they would give me a "shout out" on thier facebook page, something along the lines of "if you need health insurance, call my friend tim, he will hook you up"....Short and sweet. I see it, respond back and say thanks for ur business, etc. I have got several referrals call or message me! It works. Like someone said, the average facebook user has 300 friends!

Great post! A few months ago I got an idea about using facebook on this forum as well. Everytime I write a policy I kindly ask that person if they would give me a "shout out" on thier facebook page, something along the lines of "if you need health insurance, call my friend tim, he will hook you up"....Short and sweet. I see it, respond back and say thanks for ur business, etc. I have got several referrals call or message me! It works. Like someone said, the average facebook user has 300 friends!

Good stuff. Word of Mouth is King. And Social Media, especially Facebook makes it very, very easy to spread the word.

Quote of the day:

"Don't let your small business think small."

Go for it all. We live in the greatest time ever to be alive.

One tip to add to that as well, is use the social media pages to start collecting email addresses. Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. all own the lists of your clients and prospects, but no one can take away the email address you've worked hard to collect - that's YOUR intellectual property.

How you leverage that is a different story, but it's important that you be in charge of that - a good example is the (lack of) reach in the Facebook feed.

One tip to add to that as well, is use the social media pages to start collecting email addresses. Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc. all own the lists of your clients and prospects, but no one can take away the email address you've worked hard to collect - that's YOUR intellectual property.

How you leverage that is a different story, but it's important that you be in charge of that - a good example is the (lack of) reach in the Facebook feed.

I agree!

An email list is the most or one of the mos valuable assets a business can have. How can you invite people to your party if you can't contact them?

We are going to be implementing this strategy on our Facebook page as well. We had seen something similar before, but it was used just slightly different. It was a referral program, the current customer refers someone, prospect gets a quote, customer gets paid.

Agency took picture with said customer getting their $10 (or whatever) referral bonus, and uploads to Facebook. They also took a picture with their new customer.

Each referral went into a drawing, and at the end of the month, they drew a name, and that person won an additional $50. I'm sure that varies from state to state in regards to compliance issues with rebating and such, but it appeared to be working for that agency.

We are going to be implementing this strategy on our Facebook page as well. We had seen something similar before, but it was used just slightly different. It was a referral program, the current customer refers someone, prospect gets a quote, customer gets paid.

Agency took picture with said customer getting their $10 (or whatever) referral bonus, and uploads to Facebook. They also took a picture with their new customer.

Each referral went into a drawing, and at the end of the month, they drew a name, and that person won an additional $50. I'm sure that varies from state to state in regards to compliance issues with rebating and such, but it appeared to be working for that agency.

Sounds like a good plan. Out here in California we're not allowed to pay for referrals, but even if you can't give out money, that doesn't mean you can't give some type of incentive that would motivate participation from the customer.

We have great tools available now. Don't use a spoon to dig for a swimming pool, use the digger tractors that are available.

ON A SIDE NOTE TO READERS:
My new book is available for free for a limited time. I'll be glad to send you a copy. Just email me or send a text to 209-416-8606. If you text just include your email address and message of "Instagram Book Copy."

The book is about how to use Instagram to Grow Your Local Business. I created a separate thread but don't see it on the forum. Maybe it has to go through an approval process. If I don't see it tomorrow I'll try again.

Last edited:
Back