How to Use Facebook to Grow Your Agency and Make Your Life Easier

Sounds like a good plan. Out here in California we're not allowed to pay for referrals, but even if you can't give out money, that doesn't mean you can't give some type of incentive that would motivate participation from the customer.

We have great tools available now. Don't use a spoon to dig for a swimming pool, use the digger tractors that are available.

ON A SIDE NOTE TO READERS:
My new book is available for free for a limited time. I'll be glad to send you a copy. Just email me or send a text to 209-416-8606. If you text just include your email address and message of "Instagram Book Copy."

The book is about how to use Instagram to Grow Your Local Business. I created a separate thread but don't see it on the forum. Maybe it has to go through an approval process. If I don't see it tomorrow I'll try again.

We can here, but it's capped, and it cannot be contingent on the sale of a policy. So, regardless of us making the sale, the referral gets paid. Could be a lose on the agency side, but if we ended up with 30 referrals ($300) and couldn't make a single $2,000 premium insurance sale ($300 in commissions), it'd be our own fault!

HOW TO USE INSTAGRAM TO GROW YOUR AGENCY AND MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER

(I tried to start a separate thread but for whatever reason it's not appearing in the forum).

Life is all about RELATIONSHIPS.

Those who figure out how to create good relationships WIN.

....(edited. Thread started...thanks)

Last edited:
For those of you that have a Facebook presence for your business, How did you get yours going??
Is it a Fan Page or a Business Page??
Did you build it yourself, if so, How did you learn to do that??
Did you pay someone to build it for you, if so, who built it, what are the costs and would you recommend them??
What aspects would you recommend to have on the site?? Things like a blog, testimonials, links to relevant information, etc??

For those of you that have a Facebook presence for your business, How did you get yours going??
Is it a Fan Page or a Business Page??
Did you build it yourself, if so, How did you learn to do that??
Did you pay someone to build it for you, if so, who built it, what are the costs and would you recommend them??
What aspects would you recommend to have on the site?? Things like a blog, testimonials, links to relevant information, etc??

A fan page and business page are one in the same. I think Facebook categorizes them as Profiles and Pages now. Profiles are your personal profile and Pages are used for business entities to engage with Fans/Customers/Prospects.

Unless you just don't have time to work on your page, I wouldn't pay someone to build it for you. It really doesn't have to be fancy at all, just engaging.

Drive your current customer base to it by asking them to follow you.

Make sure you give them something worth following.

Post information that they would find helpful, or questions they want to engage with.

Don't use your page as a billboard all of the time. That just annoys people.

You can create a community page as well where you can direct conversation to important topics that relate to what you provide.

Be a resource to people. Think of yourself as a Value-Banker. Ready to give out value at any time.

What you give out you will get back.

Testimonials are great. They do the work for you when others come to investigate you as a provider. You can't buy advertising that's more powerful than a legitimate testimonial.

I have a brand new independent agency and curious using FB not only to attract new prospects as well as new clients.

I spoke to fb advertising today and they said as long as I was willing to spend $750 for 30 days of advertising they would be willing to help me. I am wondering who's actually paid for advertising on fb and what kind of results you had? What kind of ads were you running?

Thanks in advance?

I have a brand new independent agency and curious using FB not only to attract new prospects as well as new clients.

I spoke to fb advertising today and they said as long as I was willing to spend $750 for 30 days of advertising they would be willing to help me. I am wondering who's actually paid for advertising on fb and what kind of results you had? What kind of ads were you running?

Thanks in advance?

Check out Amy Porterfield - Social Media Strategy Consultant - she's a social media guru who specializes in teaching people how to use Facebook to grow their email list and turn them into leads and sales. Lots of good tips and tricks to use, and you won't have to spend as much as you were quoted.

Thanks in advance?

You want to have an objective. You can use advertising to build the strength and presence of your brand. It doesn't always have to bring in immediate business. That is harder to do in an the Insurance sector than it is than say Entertainment.

You have to be willing to spend some of your budget on building your brand up as an authority and resource in your field. If you can manage to become the top brand in your field in your local area, then you will find it a lot easier to attract customers. But you have to be willing to put in the work and pay the price at the beginning where immediate income return is not always apparent. You can't really measure the true return on investment on brand building until you are sitting there no longer having to spend much on traditional advertising because your reputation will be doing all of the work for you.

Back