How Would You Modify the ACA?

There was never a need to establish the ACA! This was one man's ego and a bunch of sheep following behind!
We already had the vehicles in place to take care of the supposed 15% that were uninsured or didn't have the proper coverage for pre-existing conditions!
They were the CHIPs that existed in every state! The plans could have been embellished to provide some of the caveats that now exist in the ACA and that 15% could have been afforded coverage along the same guidelines.
The CHIPs would have been further subsidized as we are with the ACA plans now. As for the other supposed 85% covered under either existing group lans or their individual plans, they could have indefinitely kept the plan of their choice! Instead, again, due to one man's penchant to build a baseless legacy, the entire country is now saddled with the crippling burden of a plan and system that is on a course for failure within the next 5 years or less! Numbers don't lie! Only politicians do!!!!
This wasn't rocket science and until the politicians got involved, it could have handled on a state to state basis! Corruption at its best! All on the backs of the people of the US, while the politicians exempt themselves from the laws of the land!

Well stated... If the ACA bill was read and properly discussed it would have never passed, it almost did not pass even though no one read it... ACA will be changed to the point that it is in fact repealed.

75% of the 8 million exchange enrollees had insurance prior to October 2013.

Well stated... If the ACA bill was read and properly discussed it would have never passed, it almost did not pass even though no one read it... ACA will be changed to the point that it is in fact repealed.

75% of the 8 million exchange enrollees had insurance prior to October 2013.

Just saw this, it goes good with your comment. :laugh:

*The best description of Obamacare so far:

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said:

"We have to pass it, to find out what's in it."

A physician called into a radio show and said:

"That's the definition of a stool sample".*

Here is how to modify it:

1. If someone pays for a plan then they have access to a broker. With only 12% understanding health insurance they need help. There is going to be a large drop off from self selected and navigator selected plans.

2. To improve customer service, Medicaid assistance provided by brokers will have a level of compensation. (Yes, there were several programs that compensated trained brokers to enroll Medicaid in WA State last year). This could be used to privatize the system and bring licensed experts to every corner of communities.

3. Removal of the shadow programs, ie no state programs that can not be referenced from the exchange. This specialized information needs to be spread out to a wide professional audience.

4. Increased reporting and functionality of the exchange site for brokers. It is too crude to even effectively manage large numbers of clients. I shouldn't have to use a spread sheet to search for clients.

5. If a plan is offered on the exchange then it needs to be offered off the exchange through brokers. I had at least one company contact me after open enrollment to 'explore' adding brokers.

6. The option for kids or adults to go with a private plan and get tax credits instead of being stuck with the Medicaid plan. I had a number of requests for this especially due to the lack of children's dental in the area.

Those are off the top of my head. Any one of those would have a radical positive result for Washington state in a client's health care.

Most unaware financial assistance was available?

I had quite the opposite experience, most were unaware it had a cost.

Back