Hows everyone marketing these days? Seems Like times are good!

ronmurrey

Expert
How is everyone marketing these days? How many legs to your marketing do you have? What seems to be working and what isnt? How many legs to your marketing are you using?

I bend over backwards for my clients and ask for referrals, and let them know I want referrals. That and networking with other agents, then they do all the "marketing" for me. I haven't advertised or cold called in years.

The agents that send me business - I almost never send them anything. But they know two things when they send someone to me for something they themselves can't write. 1. The client will be well taken care of and 2. I won't sell any lines of business other than specifically what I was tasked to help with, so that protects their relationship.

Those two are huge for most career agents. Plus, when they say "I got a guy" it sounds better than "I dunno, look in the phone book, I can't write that"

Other agents are great. I've probably gotten more commercial leads from personal lines agents than any other source.

But also real estate people, bankers, mortgage brokers, or anyone who's part of a big transaction that needs insurance (well, if you're in P&C). In Life that might work too, but you especially want to know when people are growing their families, making business partnerships, etc.

In this article/post I wrote yesterday, I give details about 5 marketing channels that people forget to implement, but that can really grow your practice once you cover the usual bases (full text might be longer than anyone wants to read directly on this forum). With most of them, you can let your marketing materials or other people get customers in the door for you. Then you just have to keep them happy, and keep the referrals from customers coming :)

Back