How's Your Experience with New York Life?

Every company has a little bit of kool-aid. I just call it out. It doesn't make NYL bad by any means.

Just keep in mind that the higher the company ratings, the stricter the underwriting for new policies AND the lower amount of health-related policies, such as disability and long-term care.

MassMutual has fantastic ratings, but just barely below NYL. However, NYL doesn't have an in-house DI product, nor LTC... while MassMutual does offer those products. I think Northwestern does offer both DI and LTC and still has top ratings.

Every company has a little bit of kool-aid. I just call it out. It doesn't make NYL bad by any means.

Just keep in mind that the higher the company ratings, the stricter the underwriting for new policies AND the lower amount of health-related policies, such as disability and long-term care.

MassMutual has fantastic ratings, but just barely below NYL. However, NYL doesn't have an in-house DI product, nor LTC... while MassMutual does offer those products. I think Northwestern does offer both DI and LTC and still has top ratings.

only group for di
ltc we have individual policy tho, chronic care rider as well, and asset preserver (lump sum ltc/db).

and yes on the koolaid (im unfamiliar with this industry still), its good to know what is actually goin on

Reactions: DHK

Just to let you know NYL has it's own LTC, chronic care rider in most states and asset preserver.

Yes, NYL came out with a newer product. They used to have a California Partnership LTC policy, but pulled out of that market some time ago.

Back