HRA Vendors who Understand the Cures Act

mschlange

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Any suggestions on a company that can set up and administers an HRA?
Have used TASC before but looking for other options

Any suggestions on a company that can set up and administers an HRA?
Have used TASC before but looking for other options

Newby here.

Not sure what TASC is...can you explain further? Is that some type of HR software management program? (manages, payroll, benefits, employee docs, etc)?

Thanks man!

TASC is a good company, curious as to why you believe they are failing you on the cures act?

There is a lot of information on here and I did a search but couldn't find anything that directly answered my questions.

I ran across a new company called Take Command Health. They are telling agents that you can set up an Qualified Small Employer HRA - QSEHRA - and then the employer can reimburse for indemnity, critical illness and accident plans as long as there is a MEC plan in place. This is supposed to be due to the CURES act of 2017. In my research I can't find

My thinking is that the plans in an HRA have to reimburse the provider not the policyholder and these types of plans typically pay the policyholder so they can reimburse the provider and keep excess, if there is any left. Do we have any experts on here to clarify?

It seems to me there might be all kinds of tax ramifications here. Another red flag "These types of plans never get audited."

With the 21st Century Cures Act the employer with less than 50 employees can set up a QSEHRA. The employees needs to show proof that they have a qualified Health plan that provides minimum essential coverage. This provision was thrown in the bill by chance and stuck. The employee can use the reimbursements to pay for any MEC plan even exchange plans.

WebCE has a great course that explains in detail how these plans work. I'd recommend you take the course if it is available in your state to get a better understanding of how these plans work. The course is called HRA's for Small Employers.

The following link provides information from the IRS giving a few more details. QSEHRA's are not too complicated.

Hope this helps. I'm also looking in to them ad an option for this year.

Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions for Employers1 | Internal Revenue Service

Back