HSA that Pays Agent Commissions

mshmsh

Has anybody used any HSA companies that pay decent referral or commissions to the agent? We've tried HSA bank, but not really happy with their setup.

Has anybody used any HSA companies that pay decent referral or commissions to the agent? We've tried HSA bank, but not really happy with their setup.

1. If you aren't happy with hsabank, good luck in finding someone else. They are the best available.

2. Why would you want commission? To take on the fiduciary responsibility?

3. There's very little margin in HSA's when intrest rates are at 3%. I can't see why any of them would pay a commission.

HSA accounts are a pain in the a$$ to banks/financial institutions. If HSA accounts were a profitable product, all banks would sell them. You want them to pay you a commission on a product the bank loses money on ?

It looks like the local bank drags ~ 25 basis points off of the investment side of their HSAs. I have an account with Optum because they were the only option when HSAs came out. One of the options is Vanguard's S&P 500 Index. Fees on that account are higher than what's on my account that's direct. The difference might be due to break points but I can't imagine the bank not taking something.

The only time HSA commissions would be worth the effort would be on a large group.Even then, you might not want to hit your client on something that can so obviously be had for free elsewhere.

Back