HSA trustee referrals?

HSA Bank: To ways they do it they pay you a referral fee or you offer your client a discount on signing up

HSA Resources: $ 10 dollars person that signs up through your link

That is the only two I know of at the moment.

Lots of companies will pay comp for group HSA admin, including TASC, Choice care card, Ameriflex etc.... I can't add anything on the individual side.

This isn't an answer to what you are looking for, but here is something that's worked for me. Call a local bank and explain that you are a health insurnace producer doing HSA business and that you want to find a good local source. Most of the time you will hear their voice get excited on the phone. Small operations work best, with one or only a handful of branches (stay away from the Well-Fargo and Wachovia types).

Meet with a few and toss out the idea of joint marketing in the future. Gauge the response and find a relationship with a bank that offers competitive fees and interest. I always bring up funding the HSA when the underwriting goes through. If they have a relationship, I don't push, but if not, I recommend the local bank I use.

As a result, I have gotten some strong referrals and we're planning on doing a joint seminar in the future to their clients, at their branch, and on their dime. They did this two years back and had 40 companies attend (mostly group prospects). An opportunity like that is worth way more than the $10 referral fee you would receive.

I'm glad to hear that this kind of approach is working. This is exactly what I wanted to start trying out with some of our smaller local banks.

This isn't an answer to what you are looking for, but here is something that's worked for me. Call a local bank and explain that you are a health insurnace producer doing HSA business and that you want to find a good local source. Most of the time you will hear their voice get excited on the phone. Small operations work best, with one or only a handful of branches (stay away from the Well-Fargo and Wachovia types).

Meet with a few and toss out the idea of joint marketing in the future. Gauge the response and find a relationship with a bank that offers competitive fees and interest. I always bring up funding the HSA when the underwriting goes through. If they have a relationship, I don't push, but if not, I recommend the local bank I use.

As a result, I have gotten some strong referrals and we're planning on doing a joint seminar in the future to their clients, at their branch, and on their dime. They did this two years back and had 40 companies attend (mostly group prospects). An opportunity like that is worth way more than the $10 referral fee you would receive.

Latest posts

Back