HSA's for Texas

happy

Expert
What are the most competitive HSA plans in Texas?

I am looking into the HSA plans for Unicare and are there plans that I should stay away from (like HSA counterparts of the Saver plans)? I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything.

If you're offering HSAs as an asset protection in Texas, stay away from BC/BS. Read the limitations on Rx, air ambulance, intensive care, etc. Best way to learn is get a sample policy from all the companies you want to represent and go from there. Then when a client asks you a question you'll know what you're talking about. BC/BS may be a little cheaper but the coverage is limited on Rx. There's a reason insurance companies put limitations on Rx and it's because if someone has a serious illness the Rx can break the bank. When the plans are explained most people will take the plans that are the most comprehensive. I have clients that will take a little higher deductible just to ensure that if they get something bad they don't have to worry about things like Rx or air ambulance if something bad happens. If you work in the small business/self-employed market most of those people just want their assets protected.

Unicare used to have some ridiculous limitations on chemo. I stopped offering them because they have such a crappy reputation in TX. And they left a niece of ours with a huge chemo bill. And it was supposed to be their comprehensive plan not the Saver crap. And yet I hear about people that are happy with them. So what do I know:skeptical: My niece's breast cancer is what really make me dig deep into what is actually covered.

Golden Rule has the most competitive premium with very good coverage. Great network discounts also.

I noticed someone said the other day that when you offer a limited plan that has a cheap premium that most people will take that. That's not what I've found at all. They want someone to help them figure out all the plans that are out there.

Back