HS'ing Clients Year to Year

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Last year being my first for HS.

What are you doing for second year clients?

I've been just re-entering information and applying for 2016 coverage like last year, reenroll in same plan if that worked for them, choose differently if it didn't (Coventry and the nightmare they were).

Last year being my first for HS. What are you doing for second year clients? I've been just re-entering information and applying for 2016 coverage like last year, reenroll in same plan if that worked for them, choose differently if it didn't (Coventry and the nightmare they were).

So clients don't just automatically continue on the plan unless you re-enter their info? Why don't they just make it like Medicare and it continues on unless you want to change...or hell like it was before. I know I haven't re-enrolled on my own personal plan

I've been told if they do nothing they will stay on current plan as long as it is still available. What I am running into is they are getting letters showing new premium on their Coventry plan for 2016 but it doesn't change their subsidy amount so it looks like a huge increase. When I log back on to Healthcare.gov and go through app for 2016 it then adds $125 to $150 per month to their subsidies and then their increase don't look so bad. So some people will probably just shop around from their current plan because they think they are getting a huge increase just from the letter.

Coventry has been a living nightmare here, most of my clients want the hell off their plans before they are trapped for another year.

Ding. Ding. Ding.

Pay the $10. I don't care if its a "straight" renewal without a subsidy. There's no way either the FFM or the carrier won't screw something up. Its well worth the $10 now compared to the hassle later....

I'm glad that most (+90%) of my Marketplace clients aren't on automatic premium payment any longer. The first O.E. it was a nightmare when clients changed companies, many of them got 2 premium deductions for January...even if they called in to their current company to cancel. Once the messes were resolved, I advised manual billing for existing clients, and all new ones enrolled since.

Using the simplicity of Health Sherpa to "Actively Renew" or to totally change companies should be a piece of cake this year, with none of that double-deductions trouble, or the myriad of issues that can arise when using Healthscare.gov. As Ann and KGMom said, it's worth $10 per enrollment.

I'm gonna guess that 50% of plans out there are NOT mapping to a new plan automatically. And, the APTC will change every year and must be actively renewed to avoid the rate increase shock. No such thing as buy and hold anymore.

Also, agents are reporting that the NPN is not showing on the app when you go in to actively renew it. So, rather than have your NPN stripped on a passive renewal, perhaps it's best to just actively renew it.

I went in to HC.gov with a client today. My NPN was still present on the (newly generated) 2016 passive renewal app ID on HC.gov. Which was different from the 2015 app ID.

I went in with a new-to-me client into her HC.gov account today. She was on a plan that is pulling from the market so had to start a new 2016 application. The old agent's NPN was still in there (I stripped and populated mine, it was someone at my agency who left insurance)

If NPNs are being stripped, is this a WBE issue? Because in both of my cases today, NPNs were pre-populated in the applications on HC.gov.

Keep in mind, when you submit a new Sherpa app for 2016, you need to do something about their 2015 app (AKA cancel it 12/31/15 thru the broker login). In my experience, 99% of the time, submitting a new WBE app (Sherpa or otherwise) doesn't update the existing 2015 app. Otherwise the existing app will passively renew and cause headaches; especially when the 1095's get generated with multiple APTC's.....among other potential problems, such as double drafts.....

Back