HUM Conversion Reg Gold Plus to DE SNP

saintstigers

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
I had a client I signed up with Humana's regular Gold Plus HMO plan in March 2017. She is now qualified for Medicaid and I will be putting her with Humana's Gold Plus HMO DE SNP for October. How does Humana handle the commission in this situation?

I had a client I signed up with Humana's regular Gold Plus HMO plan in March 2017. She is now qualified for Medicaid and I will be putting her with Humana's Gold Plus HMO DE SNP for October. How does Humana handle the commission in this situation?

I had one of these once. You don't LOSE anything. I think that they will chargeback your old Gold Plus plan and pay you for the remaining months of the year for the NEW plan.

I had one of these once. You don't LOSE anything. I think that they will chargeback your old Gold Plus plan and pay you for the remaining months of the year for the NEW plan.

You lose the second half true up commission, although I still help these cases when they come up are go full dual.

So they chargeback the second half true up commission?

Yes you get screwed for doing extra work.I submit application for Medicaid immediately after doing a fact check with client to try to alleviate this.Medicaid is made retro active to first day of month its approved in so that buys time if you have to wait one month to enroll in SNP plan and these folks are auto enrolled in to a pdp plan as well.

Sorry that I gave out some bad information. I haven't had too many of these with Humana. I'm always suffering the chargeback devil for New to Medicare -> Medi-Medi with my other carriers too. It hurts. Just when you think that you have one that nobody ever "got to", you end up paying some of your earnings back to there greedy company.

Why penalize the agent for doing what's right for the client and enrolling them in a more appropriate plan that's still with the same carrier?

Back