Humana Agent Service

It used to be much better because you got paid mileage... first it was $0.22 a mile, then to $0.55 a mile (good times here), then dropped to $0.47... currently you receive no mileage to first appointment (regardless of distance) and from last appointment (regardless of distance)
I'd make sure that my 1st and last appointment was always close to home. :yes:

See if there is a local support person that you can reach out to. I have a broker rep that provides stellar service. I only call or email agent support as a last resort.

currently you receive no mileage to first appointment (regardless of distance) and from last appointment (regardless of distance)

Probably following along with the IRS rules of not allowing mileage deduction for commuting to and from work.

Highly doubt it. We had this happen with Humana and I kept all my clients.
You already said you don’t sell Humana. This is scare tactics

Well then no, that did not happen to you.

In our markets, when clients called into telesales to flip plans, the telesales agent became AOR, despite numerous "promises" made by Humana. Thieves in the night, they are. They are more than capable of tracking every one of those situations and returning the original agent as AOR.

I don't know why you're so high on Humana, and it doesn't matter to me. You seem to be willing to take whatever they dish out.

Have you considered going career with them? Sounds like a great fit.

About that Generous salary Humana offers.... its not that generous. 24k a year. It used to be much better because you got paid mileage... first it was $0.22 a mile, then to $0.55 a mile (good times here), then dropped to $0.47... currently you receive no mileage to first appointment (regardless of distance) and from last appointment (regardless of distance)

Being a Humana career agent (who recently resigned), this change had a huge impact. My territory was two hours in any direction from my home. Didn't bother me when I got paid mileage... however that changed, so I had to change to.

The compensation "schedule" is also crazy. We get paid for a MA sale THREE Months after the effective date. Signing some one up on July 1st, with a 10/1 effective date? Your check for that sale arrives 1/1 of the following years. You made $125 if was "supported" by Humana. If it was self generated you get $300.

Any yes, after the 4th month of the effective date you get $5 a month.

I will tell you that the exposure you get is intense. Your AEP schedule will be full of the opportunity Humana sends you. It really is a great way to start... but after a few years changes may be in order.

I am thankful for my time with Humana.... I had to be polished to be successful. Selling $100ish plans vs $0 competition was tough... but I made a good career out of it. Now... the opportunity is limitless. Taking my skills to an independent level... I am exited for the opportunity. No more square pegs being forced into round holes.
That is why I have been Independent for the past 6 years. I decide, I do my own marketing, set my own events and write whatever plan is best for my client, not for me. If I do the right thing by my clients, not my commission compensation, referrals come in droves. I have many friends who are career and they seem to be losing more and more every year no matter if it's UHC, Humana, Wellcare, HealthSpring, or Aetna. Don't even get me started on Florida Blue!

Well then no, that did not happen to you.

In our markets, when clients called into telesales to flip plans, the telesales agent became AOR, despite numerous "promises" made by Humana. Thieves in the night, they are. They are more than capable of tracking every one of those situations and returning the original agent as AOR.

I don't know why you're so high on Humana, and it doesn't matter to me. You seem to be willing to take whatever they dish out.

Have you considered going career with them? Sounds like a great fit.

No thanks. I would never put my biz with any one company. I’m not high on Humana. I think every company wants to screw you. Selling whatever company you think is better than Humana will do the same thing

See answers to other questions inside the quote.

Look, I'm not saying that Humana, or UHC, or any other company should or shouldn't increase the "renewals" each year to the FMV, but I am saying that it is what it is and you know that going in. If you don't like it, then don't sell them!

It’s IMPOSSIBLE SELLING in areas where UHC and/or Humana dominate!! There needs to be a Public Option MAPD to drive these greedy companies out of business.

Yes they get $5.00 renewal per member per month. but why did you leave out the rest of it, like where they also get a very generous salary, benefits including matching 401K and real health insurance, complimentary E&O, complimentary training and CE, direct qualified pre-set appointments and current inbound leads, local support from market offices, and they're also W2 employees not having to pay self-employment tax?

I'm not trying to pick an argument with you and I'm not saying Humana doesn't have its faults. Believe me, I can go there, lol. However, I thought it important to set the record straight that career agents with good books are making great money, building a retirement, and paying less in tax and insurance. Now at least they're not sounding so dumb, are they?

Does the $5 renewal per contract happen even when the career agent leaves the company? Are you referring to a “MECA” or a bona fide In-house agent?

Back