Humana AOR issue

AcemanX007

Expert
Anyone writing for Humana should check their recent sales to make certain the AOR is correct. There is apparently some sort of glitch in the system causing some sales to post as “house accounts”

I have all mine, I will say if using Eapp, If the client had Issue getting esig done and called their technical assistance number listed app they will claim AOR

If the client had Issue getting esig done and called their technical assistance number listed app they will claim AOR

I had similar issues on U65 health insurance in early 2014. Lost 20+ clients that way.

Similar issue with BX.

I don't think this is anything new. When I worked at my last company there were a TON of agents this happened too, so many they told Humana they were going to stop offering any Humana insurance if they didn't get it straightened out. Not sure how it all panned out because I left.

This past AEP I lost ~ $2,000.00 due to Humana's New Digital Guidebook. I loved it at first until it failed me. The Digital Guidebook failed to assign me as my client's AOR. What a beautiful tool if you don't mind not getting paid for your work.

It happens with the paper apps as well. I track all my commissions and renewals with a spreadsheet. It happens all the time, they say I am not the AOR they pull the app up and see my signature and san #. They say they will send it up to be corrected. Sometimes that works sometimes it doesn't. There are some that have taken a year to finally get paid on. I showed a buddy my system and he had about 20 people he had not been getting paid renewals on and did not know. They said since it had been over a year he had to go get AOR letters. Of course that is not an option now. Keep an eye on new apps and renewals. This seem to be increasing.

Humana must keep people on staff whose job it is to figure out new ways to screw independent agents out of AOR status. With their new aor links, the OEP option does NOT exist, period. Clients are forced to call into telesales, and even though an application number has been generated - with YOU as AOR - the telesales agent who completes the app STEALS the business. And there doesn't appear to be a damn thing anyone can do about it, except #BoycottHumana

I've been wondering why my check is lower when it should show a net gain. At least a few people in my BOB are not showing up on my commission payments, and that's just from visually scanning some of the names. I called my contact at Humana and she told me (paraphrased) to wait until the next cycle to see if it's corrected before I get too stressed over it. That indicates to me that they're aware they've got a glitch and they're trying to figure it all out. After seeing this thread I'm thinking I should still go ahead and count everything up and see who I'm not getting paid on. It's going to be time-consuming to say the least, and I just resent feeling the need to do that kind of thing to get paid.

I feel this AOR policy has been timed with the OEP. I have had several clients that I have lost as they got involved with Medicare.com or some other phone agent. They call me and say "yea I screwed up but don't worry I called Humana and I will be back with them next month." Cannot AOR them back. Gone!

Had 3 Humana MAPD's in NW Arizona I had to fix last year, all from the same house/family. They had been on an an local (Arizona) UHC MAPD for 2 years. Humana gave the sale to their previous agent in Tennessee! I checked and he wasn't even licensed in Arizona. After several phone calls and a commission error form they finally got it right. It took about 4 months. Glitches indeed. I'm now checking the 15 members that have supposedly fallen off my BOB from that rural county in the last 2 seasons. My fault for not being on top of the issue in the first place.

Back