Humana AOR issue

I called my contact at Humana and she told me (paraphrased) to wait until the next cycle to see if it's corrected before I get too stressed over it. That indicates to me that they're aware they've got a glitch and they're trying to figure it all out.

I was told something similar in early 2014 regarding my Jan 1 U65 business. Kept waiting and asking. Finally gave up in May.

This "glitch" has been going on for years.

At one time I had to audit my Aetna U65 block after someone posted a similar thread here. Several apps had never been paid. Some going back over 6 months. Finally had to do a MONTHLY audit and call them to get MY MONEY.

I had 8 policies this year get changed to a Humana house account. After doing their pay audit form along with calling multiple people, it finally got corrected. However, they aren't showing up on my Humana Business Report which to me means no renewals. Just yesterday I lost one to a house account. I called Humana explaining that three new people were not showing up on My Humana Business Report. She said two of them were definitely in my name but the third one needs a pay audit request form. This is pathetic being that it's hard enough to get sales during off season but to have them taken away is another. Makes me not want to write Humana anymore. When I called early in the year, the commission rep said there was a guy in the enrollment department who was putting policies in house accounts because he was too lazy to figure the problem out and re-assign back to the AOR. Unbelievable!!!! Why does Humana think it is OK to put agents sales in house accounts. I don't understand the process but sure would love to know. You would think there would be a huge lawsuit from what they do. It is a big headache always having to check your customers everyday. These customers can fall off after you have been paid commissions. You have to watch your renewals as well. Mine had fallen off after a month or two for no reason at all.

Surprised so many are losing so many in this way

I have had issues but mainly it's been when either a client had called the tech issue number when trying to do esign, lost 2 that way over the years

And I lost a couple with internal outreach not many but still not acceptable

I have not lost not because the just disappear no reason though

I had 8 policies this year get changed to a Humana house account. After doing their pay audit form along with calling multiple people, it finally got corrected. However, they aren't showing up on my Humana Business Report which to me means no renewals. Just yesterday I lost one to a house account. I called Humana explaining that three new people were not showing up on My Humana Business Report. She said two of them were definitely in my name but the third one needs a pay audit request form. This is pathetic being that it's hard enough to get sales during off season but to have them taken away is another. Makes me not want to write Humana anymore. When I called early in the year, the commission rep said there was a guy in the enrollment department who was putting policies in house accounts because he was too lazy to figure the problem out and re-assign back to the AOR. Unbelievable!!!! Why does Humana think it is OK to put agents sales in house accounts. I don't understand the process but sure would love to know. You would think there would be a huge lawsuit from what they do. It is a big headache always having to check your customers everyday. These customers can fall off after you have been paid commissions. You have to watch your renewals as well. Mine had fallen off after a month or two for no reason at all.
Makes me wonder why an agent would keep doing business with them after they pull that crap. :huh:

Also, there are a lot of FE agents that AOR MAPD's. That almost seems like stealing to me, and Humana shouldn't allow that. :no:

That's true, Humana won't accept member AOR requests anymore, but they still seem to have no problem with changing AOR to house without the member's or AOR's knowledge.
Correct. Their new system is even more corrupt. Between end of AEP and OEP I personally lost about 40 cases including ones where people called in to telesales to switch plans which Humana had promised would not trigger an AOR change.

Do business with Humana at your own peril friends.

Back