Humana Captive Agent Termination

RickT

Expert
I am considering going independent. I am currently a captive agent with Humana insurance. It is some personal things going on causing the bad timing to leave during AEP.

Does anyone know what happens if you quit before getting the commissions during AEP? Typically commissions are not paid until March for 1/1 Effective dates.

I already have several sales for AEP 2014 I am wondering about. I know I will lose my renewals, its the applications written that have not gone into effect I am wondering about.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,

I wouldn't count on getting paid anything after you leave to become independent.

I am considering going independent. I am currently a captive agent with Humana insurance. It is some personal things going on causing the bad timing to leave during AEP.

Does anyone know what happens if you quit before getting the commissions during AEP? Typically commissions are not paid until March for 1/1 Effective dates.

I already have several sales for AEP 2014 I am wondering about. I know I will lose my renewals, its the applications written that have not gone into effect I am wondering about.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,

You should def get paid on that as well as your vacation, sick days, etc. I know, I left them in 2011. Email me if you have questions, [email protected].

I am considering going independent. I am currently a captive agent with Humana insurance. It is some personal things going on causing the bad timing to leave during AEP. Does anyone know what happens if you quit before getting the commissions during AEP? Typically commissions are not paid until March for 1/1 Effective dates. I already have several sales for AEP 2014 I am wondering about. I know I will lose my renewals, its the applications written that have not gone into effect I am wondering about. Any insight would be great! Thanks,

Man that sucks. I've already been paid on aep biz from Humana.

I am considering going independent. I am currently a captive agent with Humana insurance. It is some personal things going on causing the bad timing to leave during AEP. Does anyone know what happens if you quit before getting the commissions during AEP? Typically commissions are not paid until March for 1/1 Effective dates. I already have several sales for AEP 2014 I am wondering about. I know I will lose my renewals, its the applications written that have not gone into effect I am wondering about. Any insight would be great! Thanks,

I quit (because of state management chanegons) with Humana. Several years ago. In the middle of AEP. They lived up to the contract and I received all commissions that were due me. You lose renewals unless you were (I think three years) vested.

Although I've never worked for Humana as a captive, I have been captive before for a short stint, and like you, I needed to make the jump so here's some advice (just my opinion from my personal experience and also from others I've personally known who jumped off their ship/s).

Contact HR first. Tell them (if you don't have a copy) the legal stuff, what you signed on .. all the docs at the initial hiring contract for your accounting purposes. Make sure you stress 'accounting purposes' so you don't raise any flags.
Get copies too from your DM if there were any changes made for your compensation during your tenure there.

Read it. It should all be spelled out in there.

Then plan to move, and move your plan.

Good luck.

Remember, it's all variable but any time a corporation can screw you, they will.

Last, document your but off.

If you can get them to fire you (assuming you're in a state that will pay unemployment) do it! You'd be better off probably because Humana is known to screw their indy force out of commissions. I'm not so convinced they wouldn't screw their own employees too if they can get away with it.

I quit (because of state management chanegons) with Humana. Several years ago. In the middle of AEP. They lived up to the contract and I received all commissions that were due me. You lose renewals unless you were (I think three years) vested.

You are not vested on Medicare renewals, only non Humana sold products and they changed it to after 5 years, 50% on up to 100% after 10, I THINK? I sold a handful of Genworth life policies and a John Hancock LTC which I receive a lil something quarterly on them from Humana still.

Back