Humana commissions

This is a repeat line with you.

I have not had that experience.

For the most part, my business sticks. Most of the folks I have lost found jobs with health insurance benefits. Even then, some of the time I kept the dependents and the working spouse went on the plan.

That has been my experience as well. I do not see any difference between telephone leads, internet leads or referrals. The persistency has been the same.

It depends on a lot of factors. Ehealth "average" retention is 2 years according to their annual report. It would make sense smaller operations and filtered cherry picked leads would have better retention as the volume is lower and the relationship is higher.

Ours is higher than Ehealth, but not by a lot.

A lot has to do with how competant your carrier is on rate increases and keeping clients on the books as well. I still have carriers that do not notify on late bills or fall off - which is completely irresponsible.

H1 changed their commission schedule in GA for January 1 from 20/5 to 17/8.

For the last several months they have been paying me on the old schedule and I just assumed I was grandfathered in.

Today I was checking my statment for 5/15 and I have 4 pgs of charge backs where they are backing out the 3% "overage".

I have written enough business with them that I will still get a check, but that is a lousy way of doing things.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks Humana sucks at the way they handle agent's commission. I just started sending them business last month, and they told me it would be July before I got paid on any of them. They said that it can take up to two months, before you get paid on a case. Its really strange to me that so many people praise their uw, I guess it depends on the area of the country you're in. I am not impressed with their uw or their CS here on the East Coast. Its really difficult to generalize on these carriers. State variations etc. play a big part. I've heard people whining about the way Aetna pays commissions, but not as much about their uw. Here its the opposite. They decline more cases than any carrier for me, but they pay the commissions in a timely manner.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks Humana sucks at the way they handle agent's commission. I just started sending them business last month, and they told me it would be July before I got paid on any of them. They said that it can take up to two months, before you get paid on a case. Its really strange to me that so many people praise their uw, I guess it depends on the area of the country you're in. I am not impressed with their uw or their CS here on the East Coast. Its really difficult to generalize on these carriers. State variations etc. play a big part. I've heard people whining about the way Aetna pays commissions, but not as much about their uw. Here its the opposite. They decline more cases than any carrier for me, but they pay the commissions in a timely manner.

It must be different depending what part of the country you're in, I here agents down here Florida rave about Aetna uw and clients tell me they were approved after being declined by another company.

Humana does take a while to get in the pipeline. Depends on when the case is issued vs. the commission cut off date. Took me about 6 weeks to get my first check.

They pay on the 15th & 30th which is nice.

It is working well for me (except as noted above).

UW is smooth. Can't complain.

Aetna isn't so slick on commissions. My monthly check is all over the boards and it does take a month+ to see the money.

UW is reasonable (as is H1). I have never had any surprises with either carrier.

So far, Aetna has not been overly competitive. Their new plans hit the streets in July. They might see more business from me if I can bring myself to write a copay plan.

Their HSA sucks, big time.

But not as bad as the new PPO Value 10,000,

Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks Humana sucks at the way they handle agent's commission. I just started sending them business last month, and they told me it would be July before I got paid on any of them. They said that it can take up to two months, before you get paid on a case.

Yeah, I had the same commission suprise...I started writing them in April and sent them about 8 apps before I realized that I wouldn't see any of it until June or July. But I guess its okay since I'm building up a pipeline with them. I'm on the east coast and the UW is pretty good especially for the most common conditions sometimes you can get a condition standard with them instead of a rating or rider with another carrier. Quick UW too.

Back