Humana Commissions

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
It's been some time since open enrollment started in 2013 and as the only company with my general manager that does advances is Humana, I stuck with them.
Fast forward to currents dates and from about 50 policies which are active and paid for according to my agents page I've only been reimbursed for one. I really don't get it as Cigna paid within a month.
Any insight on who is accountable for this situation?

Although I don't agree with moonies comments and post related to grammer this one I have to agree with... the almighty advances are the downfall of agents more so in an ACA market..... my thoughts on why you are seeing this is related to advances not being paid.... I got all my cigna, bcbs, humana and any others paid lickety split..... all as earned of course

you live by the sword you die by the sword

It's been some time since open enrollment started in 2013 and as the only company with my general manager that does advances is Humana, I stuck with them.
Fast forward to currents dates and from about 50 policies which are active and paid for according to my agents page I've only been reimbursed for one. I really don't get it as Cigna paid within a month.
Any insight on who is accountable for this situation?

I wrote 1 Humana Exchange policy in late November and was advanced by my FMO (Health Choice One) in April.

Health Choice One is way behind paying Humana As Earned commissions (about 60 days) so that means your upline has been paid, I don't think the issue is at Humana unless you are not listed as the agent of record.

I would think this is a little more helpful than just being told you are stupid.

I wrote 1 Humana Exchange policy in late November and was advanced by my FMO (Health Choice One) in April.

Health Choice One is way behind paying Humana As Earned commissions (about 60 days) so that means your upline has been paid, I don't think the issue is at Humana unless you are not listed as the agent of record.

I would think this is a little more helpful than just being told you are stupid.

So are you saying you assigned commissions to HCO? Is it too late to be "helpful?"

Rick

Looks like if I can't take the heat I should stay out of the kitchen.
I thought this forum was to exchange ideas and help fellow agents, not make a point of degrading them.
Guys who are rude, disrespectful and have a vocabulary limited to pejoratives,innuendos and slang should be banned from this podium. They don't deserve their presence here.

----------

Although I don't agree with moonies comments and post related to grammer this one I have to agree with... the almighty advances are the downfall of agents more so in an ACA market..... my thoughts on why you are seeing this is related to advances not being paid.... I got all my cigna, bcbs, humana and any others paid lickety split..... all as earned of course

you live by the sword you die by the sword

The only Humana policy that has come through was paid as agreed with a 6 month advance, so that's not the issue.

Last edited:
You need to talk to your GA

And get off the advance train ASAP. If you can't go as earned for 2015 OEP, its time to move on.

ACA has paid the carriers. You need to find out where the disconnect it.

You need to talk to your GA

That was my first thought when seeing Ameneses's post. The GA promised advanced commissions. Ask the GA why only one policy was paid...advanced or otherwise. IMO, something's awry with your General Agent, Ameneses.
ac

Latest posts

Back