Humana Customer Service Pg Re Aetna Merger

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
https://www.humana.com/customer-support/

What does the merger with Aetna mean to me?
Will I see any changes in premiums, deductibles, providers and coverage as a result of the combination of Humana and Aetna? What happens after the transaction closes (projected to be in the second half of 2016)?
With the announcement from Humana and Aetna, can I continue to use my current card? Are there any changes in customer service numbers?
How do I enroll in a Humana medical plan?

Last edited:
no change until later. probably just like aetna/coventry, with a staggered implementation of a single quoting platform.

All kinds of thoughts come to mind when imagining a page like that for Humana Agents.

Q: Will my clients still be mine?
A: :D

Q: Will my commissions be affected?

Q: How will Aetna treat me?

Q: What is Aetna's history with Agent Relations?
A: :skeptical:

Your questions answered in order

- They never were yours
- What commission? As in "What, me worry?"
- Like a red-headed step-child
- Ha ha ha ha ha

We have been told that we shouldn't see any changes till next Spring. We shall see. I prefer to deal with Aetna over Humana locally but they all stink. As for commissions I have not had too much hassle with either company. I do like that Humana advanced full years commissions last year on ACA but thats starting to change very slowly as well.

It is sad to spend the gas money and office overhead expense, e & o,
advertising to get those clients, multiple phones, websites, lic fees, computers and upgrades, time away from family...just to have an insurer remove the agent ...or fight to try to keep clients earning a lower commission

Last edited:
Back