Humana DSNP and Dentures

Limozine

Super Genius
I have a client who is dual eligible and needs dentures. He is interested in the Humana Gold Plus DSNP because it offers a $2500 benefit that includes (supposedly) dentures. However, I've checked the "official" Humana dental network and so far no one in it accepts Humana. I can't reach the Humana support line either. The client doesn't mind driving a ways to get his dentures, but I just need to make sure he can get them before moving him.

Has anyone had any experience helping clients get new dentures on the Humana DSNP in South Carolina?

If Humana can’t provide at least one in network prosthodontist within a reasonable distance to your client for their own plan, then you should request an exception to go out of network due to no availability.

Try reaching out to your Humanabroker manager or whoever in the regional office. Mine was a great resource when the corporate office in Louisville bounced me around multiple times once.

Or, if you have an upline, ask them for help.

I'm not sure about the DSNP denture benefit, but in general I believe dental is Humana's weakest plan by far. They must not pay their network dentists much at all. I've found their on-line dentist finder tool to be a bit accuracy-challenged at times too. Be careful.

Humana is the same in Texas. Anyone know of another plan in Texas which has better dental plan for those who need dentures?

Humana is the same in Texas. Anyone know of another plan in Texas which has better dental plan for those who need dentures?

These plans benefits can vary by County, so you may want to say which one it is in TX.

And in some States, Medicaid may be the one providing the denture benefit. So the dentist would have to accept both Medicare/Medicaid.

A lot of Humana DE SNP plans now have robust dental benefits including dentures. Is there an Anthem DE SNP in your county? Their dental provider network, which is the National Guardian PPO network, is pretty good here in Ohio.

Latest posts

Back