Humana Giving Overrides for No Reason?

dgoldenz

Virginia
I just got my comp statement for Humana from last month and they gave me all of the regular 20% commissions, but also an override on each of them for another 8%.....I thought I was told by them before that they don't offer overrides for individual producers. Has this happened to anyone else w/ Humana? Not that I'm complaining....

I just got my comp statement for Humana from last month and they gave me all of the regular 20% commissions, but also an override on each of them for another 8%.....I thought I was told by them before that they don't offer overrides for individual producers. Has this happened to anyone else w/ Humana? Not that I'm complaining....

I wish!!!! :1cool:

That hasn't happened with me.

But last year they paid me on 4 MA's that I wrote as a captive agent about 2 years prior to that. I knew that I had to have been paid on them at the time, but unfortunately didn't have the records. I called them and they swore it was legit. Of course a few months later the chargeback hit. From what I understand, there were a number of agents who had the same thing happen. That was the only serious compensation mishap I've ever had with them, but I didn't write any MA's during the last OEP.

That's interesting.

They do have overrides but you have to promise them a bunch of business. Someone out of OH (Steve someone) is a GA offering street level commission but with advance). He is making a few points over & above the regular comp.

Chumps probably knows who it is.

I'm pretty sure I don't yet have the production level they'd want for a jump from 20% to 28%. They told me before that if you're an individual producer and not a GA that you will always be at 20% no matter how much business you submit. Strange, but like I said, not complaining....

Matthews . . . I think. Steve may not be the right name. May be confusing with someone else.

Is there a Matthews brokerage shop in your area that promotes AIM and other health insurance products?

FWIW, H1 changed our comp in GA (and a few other states) last year. Instead of 20/4 we get 17/7.

Still trying to figure out the Hacienda tax line. They don't take anything out for it, but no one seems to know what it is for.

Matthews . . . I think. Steve may not be the right name. May be confusing with someone else.

Is there a Matthews brokerage shop in your area that promotes AIM and other health insurance products?

FWIW, H1 changed our comp in GA (and a few other states) last year. Instead of 20/4 we get 17/7.

Still trying to figure out the Hacienda tax line. They don't take anything out for it, but no one seems to know what it is for.

Stephens-Matthews (both last names)

Massive Brokerage out of OH.

Back