Humana going all in on Medicare business

Have you been writing much Achieve? I try but underwrtitng is so strict they won't even accept HBP.

Nope. I have a handful of Humana Med Supps and they are all out of state. A few in South Carolina and a couple in Florida. In Georgia I write mostly Anthem and UHC (AARP). The majority are T65.

Nope. I have a handful of Humana Med Supps and they are all out of state. A few in South Carolina and a couple in Florida. In Georgia I write mostly Anthem and UHC (AARP). The majority are T65.

I've been afraid to send too much open enrollment business to Acheive. They might cancel my contract! Haha!

I've been afraid to send too much open enrollment business to Acheive. They might cancel my contract! Haha!

Roughly 90% of my new business is T65 and IEP. It has been this way for several years now and no pushback from the carriers I normally use.

I might write 2 or 3 GI apps per year, usually with Anthem (only carrier in GA that pays a decent commission). Don't get any flack from them either.

If a carrier doesn't want T65/IEP business they should price accordingly . . . like Humana . . .

As Scott said, they are not competitive here and never have been.

Anthem is pretty much like Achieve based on what you said. Any underwritten case with a BP med, including a "starter" med like HCTZ, triggers a request for medical records . . . at the applicants expense . . .

Anthems e app when going thru underwriting is brutal. It's 100% impossible to fill out the app accurately and then they flip a coin on decisions it feels like.

I haven't asked a health question other then ESRD in over 5 years. Can't tell you how nice it is.

Back