Humana HSA, Embedded or Aggregate Deductible?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Is Quotit smarter than a 5th grader? Does Humana have an embedded deductible or aggregate?

Having a disagreement with Quotit.

They insist on illustrating family deductibles as an embedded deductible. I have been trying for almost a year to get them to follow the policy language and show it as an aggregate deductible.

Nothing else works, so I thought I would try shaming them into getting it right.

This language might help but I'm pretty sure it's only in the brochure for some states:

"For other than single coverage, the family deductible applies. The single deductible applies to single coverage policies only."

Joe... did you change over to quotit? I thought you have norvax and i think i saw you now have quotit?

if so was the change painless? what about all the saved data from prior quotes??

I don't know if you save notes in brokeroffice, but if you do your sol....unless you pay someone to copy and paste

I use Quotit. They have always been lax on how they describe the HSA deductible, and I hate that. It's misleading.

Let's take their Enhanced HSA with a $10,000 FAMILY deductible as an example. The title bar that's a header for that quote says, "Enhanced HSA 100 $10,000 Family". In the details area, it shows the deductible as "$5,000". When I click "view plan details" and get Quotit's simplified grid of benefits it says, "Individual $5,000, Family $10,000". When I click the "plan benefits" link at the bottom to get the Humana brochure, the brochure clearly says, "Benefits will be paid once the Family Deductible is met, regardless of the number of members on the plan."

Confusing, indeed, especially because the United Health One HSA below it shows a $10,000 family deductible in all areas (title/header, detail line, Quotit's grid benefit summary and Insurance Company brochure).

Back