Humana is Finally Paying Like Everyone Else!

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
A Commissions rep verified with two supervisors that renewals will be increased retroactively to the current book of business going forward. $207/yr for the region that I sell in.

A Commissions rep verified with two supervisors that renewals will be increased retroactively to the current book of business going forward. $207/yr for the region that I sell in.

No kidding? What region is that? Hope this is true everywhere else. Oh NM, I see the Texas flag, that is great news.

I thought Humana commissions were the same everywhere (with the exception of California).

And isn't $207 above the CMS allowed amount (again with the exception of California) or am I just out of touch?

I thought Humana commissions were the same everywhere (with the exception of California).

And isn't $207 above the CMS allowed amount (again with the exception of California) or am I just out of touch?

$207 is the amount for 2013. I just looked up the $207 states, they are TX, AK, AZ, CT, HA, NJ, NV, and PA. CA is $259 rest of the states are $183.

Last edited:
How can they do that? Be so inconsistent with their commission levels depending on state....doesn't sound fair.

It is less here in TN, $177 and they bumped it up to like $184 which is still low. I get a lot more from UHC.

$207 is the amount for 2013. I just looked up the $207 states, they are TX, AK, AZ, CT, HA, NJ, NV, and PA. CA is $259 rest of the states are $183.

Florida is also 207

No kidding? What region is that? Hope this is true everywhere else. Oh NM, I see the Texas flag, that is great news.

Bad news!!!!! My upline says that the Humana commissions agent gave me WRONG information. The increase is ONLY for Jan 01 2013 going forward and is NOT RETROACTIVE to previous business. We are going to 3 way call and quote then the reference # from my talk with them. Guess that I'll keep rolling over the business elsewhere who will pay me fairly for my work.

I think that Humana prices these commissions based on competition in the different regions. In So calif, Humana, a new MA would not be able to compete because are TOO MANY other MA options. Here in TExas, United is eating Humana alive! They have to do something to curry favor with many agents who are truly pissed with them for their practices. The State of Texas made Humana pay over $2 million in fines for processing claims so slowly. NO company is as tight fisted as Humana. But they sure find enough to pay their worthless managers.

I just got another phone call from one of my Humana Gold mbs who says that her doctor is dropping Humana Gold!!! I've never seen such an unstable network in my life. Every AEP, it is the same song and dance to retain the mbs and switch them over to something else. I will be not be writing this crappy plan since I intend to tell them exactly what Humana is doing to these networks.

Last edited:
Back