Humana Leaving Too ....

Old news, but more specifics. They are completely out of off exchange market in every state. That's a third of my book. Kaboom goes any chance of renewals.

Old news, but more specifics. They are completely out of off exchange market in every state. That's a third of my book. Kaboom goes any chance of renewals.

Humana off-exchange is the majority of my book, including my own personal coverage. There are lots of doctors in my area who say they won't accept on-exchange plans even though the network for the Humana plan is the same whether on or off-exchange. Things are about to get even uglier here.

I had to sit across from a family yesterday and told them I was not sure they would be able to keep their off exchange BCBS plan they bought in 2013 ..they pay $500 a mo and just bought a home.
And I told them I wasn't sure I could keep our plan either. :O

Before I said goodbye to IFP clients I had couples paying over $1,000 per month and one family paying $2,300 per month.

Honestly, I don't know how some of them managed.

I had to sit across from a family yesterday and told them I was not sure they would be able to keep their off exchange BCBS plan they bought in 2013 ..they pay $500 a mo and just bought a home.
And I told them I wasn't sure I could keep our plan either. :O

Tony, I think you are in Arizona. If so, BCBSAZ has announced the following:

Grandfathered plans (purchased before 3/23/2010) can be renewed another year.

Grandmothered plans (purchased before 1/1/2014) are being continued until 5/1/2017 (unless, of course another extension is offered).

Thanks we didn't give them too much detail because they are going to be leaving the United States for 1 to 2 years and then coming back.. told them if they let the plan go they wouldn't be able to get anything later.... probably it would be very difficult....
Husband has a business outside US so he might be getting a International Group plan from us. Certainly it's not like the old days when people could buy major med insurance when they wanted to

Bcbs Az is now allowing non grand fathers to be owned through 12/31/17 with rate up in April 16'. Trump will extend it further and fix it.

Latest posts

Back