Humana MA has changed its AOR change policy

Dec 17, 2018

1. SugarhouseMama

SugarhouseMama New Member

State:
    Utah
    So if I'm reading this right, Humana won't let you submit an AOR change on any orphaned acnt? Buy if you re-write them from HMO/PPO you capture them?
    Somebody, pls lay it out for me as a newbie :)
    * and feel free to PM too - I've got lotz to learn!
    Danke Gracias Merci & Shalom

2. fishfortwo

fishfortwo Expert

That is correct.

3. Philip Russell

Philip Russell Expert

State:
    Florida
    only non-like changes will result in the AOR change.

4. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    Now they will have agents tryn to switch plans on seniors that are happy with what they have but dont have an agent other than Humana in house. These govt subsidized programs have red flags all over the place. Soon the commissions will be cut with govt shutdowns. Anyone putting all their apples in MAPD needs to change bf they lose all renewals down the road.

Beware!

Not good

PCBI, Dec 31, 2018
  5. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    Well said! I had my upline admin explain their fruatration having to help all their elderly retired agents get thru all their training just to get paid retirement renewals. This problem will be worse each year it continues. Common sense solution is to not require this training wvery year to keep renewals. But, this is a govt subsidized program so they like seeing agents say bye bye

PCBI, Dec 31, 2018
  6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    Not this guy again. I hope you realize MAPD plans are on the rise. Not the other way around

Chazm, Dec 31, 2018
  7. Philip Russell

Philip Russell Expert

State:
    Florida
    Is "PCBI" a known MAPD basher???
    because not focusing on MAPD seems like decent advice for not having your entire book in one basket, per say; Thank GOD i wasnt well versed at MA so my book is built nearly entirely on Supps. Great foundation.

8. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    I've missed you PCBI.....:twitchy:

9. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    I will put biz w MAPD if necessary and beneficial to the client. 24 years in the biz so Im not going to get giddy for a highly govt controlled cloned insurance product. U can make good money on MAPD but that doesnt mean u like the infrastructure and mechanics of a subsidized govt program. The red tape for agents to talk with someone goes far beyond common sense and to keep ur book of biz into retirement requires ridiculous continuous red tape training until u die.

Does that clear up ur bashing question? Im not the only insurance agent “bashing” . My upline who has 1000s of agents broker and captive are tired of the insanity

PCBI, Dec 31, 2018
  10. PCBI

PCBI Super Genius

State:
    Hawaii
    I know things will change juat like the AOR issue. Too many FMOs are tired of the phone calls. My other FMO has been lonbying to stop the required training for renewals for years now. Im just a small fry broker and would hate to be with multiple lines in house FMOs that have to train fir the rest if their lives in 10 diff MAPD companies just to b paid renewals.

Insane

PCBI, Dec 31, 2018