Humana MA has changed its AOR change policy

So if I'm reading this right, Humana won't let you submit an AOR change on any orphaned acnt? Buy if you re-write them from HMO/PPO you capture them?
Somebody, pls lay it out for me as a newbie :)
* and feel free to PM too - I've got lotz to learn!
Danke Gracias Merci & Shalom

So if I'm reading this right, Humana won't let you submit an AOR change on any orphaned acnt? Buy if you re-write them from HMO/PPO you capture them?
That is correct.

only non-like changes will result in the AOR change.

only non-like changes will result in the AOR change.

Now they will have agents tryn to switch plans on seniors that are happy with what they have but dont have an agent other than Humana in house. These govt subsidized programs have red flags all over the place. Soon the commissions will be cut with govt shutdowns. Anyone putting all their apples in MAPD needs to change bf they lose all renewals down the road.

Beware!

Not good

Before you think Humana did this for you, the field agent . . . . Every year, a certain percentage of agents don't recertify for one reason or another, which creates orphaned policyholders that nobody gets a commission on. The old AOR form would allow active agents to pick up some of those orphaned customers; not every AOR sent in was done by bottom-feeding trolls. NOW, under the new rules, the orphaned policyholders are guaranteed "no commission" clients of Humana, because an active agent has no way to pick those clients up. I live in a small town. Maybe four agents here are certified with Humana. Two of the agents are over 75 years old, and not in the best of health. When those agents go on to the agency in the sky, there will be a block of orphaned policyholders, and NOBODY will be getting paid, and an AOR letter can no longer be used for these orphans.

Just like the recerification process 10 years ago, this will serve to cut commissions being paid to agents. What other line of business do you have to "recertify" every year to get your renewals? If you sell a bunch of life insurace over 20 or 30 years, then retire, you know you are getting a stream of income for many more years; sell a bunch of MA/PDP plans over 20 or 30 years, then retire, you get paid nothing beyond the day that you retire. You know for a fact that if the Humana, Aetna, Cigna, and Blue Cross lobbyists went to their contracted surrogates (congressmen) and said,"We don't want our agents to have to recertify just to receive their renewal commissions on policies sold in prior years," we wouldn't be in such a situation today; Big Insurance wants it to be the way that it is. We even have to recertify (if we ant our renewals) when a company has been suspended from selling. There is absolutely no reason that recertification should be so time consuming; not all are -- SilverScript is fairly simple, for example. However, the mandated process from some companies takes 8 to 10 hours to muddle through; I think Wellcare is the absolute worst -- we pay the penalty for all the criminals that ran the company. (And mean that literally, the company was factually and actually run by now convicted criminals who committed bigtime frauds against the government.)

Well said! I had my upline admin explain their fruatration having to help all their elderly retired agents get thru all their training just to get paid retirement renewals. This problem will be worse each year it continues. Common sense solution is to not require this training wvery year to keep renewals. But, this is a govt subsidized program so they like seeing agents say bye bye

Not this guy again. I hope you realize MAPD plans are on the rise. Not the other way around
Is "PCBI" a known MAPD basher???
because not focusing on MAPD seems like decent advice for not having your entire book in one basket, per say; Thank GOD i wasnt well versed at MA so my book is built nearly entirely on Supps. Great foundation.

Well said! I had my upline admin explain their fruatration having to help all their elderly retired agents get thru all their training just to get paid retirement renewals. This problem will be worse each year it continues. Common sense solution is to not require this training wvery year to keep renewals. But, this is a govt subsidized program so they like seeing agents say bye bye
I've missed you PCBI.....:twitchy:

Is "PCBI" a known MAPD basher???
because not focusing on MAPD seems like decent advice for not having your entire book in one basket, per say; Thank GOD i wasnt well versed at MA so my book is built nearly entirely on Supps. Great foundation.

I will put biz w MAPD if necessary and beneficial to the client. 24 years in the biz so Im not going to get giddy for a highly govt controlled cloned insurance product. U can make good money on MAPD but that doesnt mean u like the infrastructure and mechanics of a subsidized govt program. The red tape for agents to talk with someone goes far beyond common sense and to keep ur book of biz into retirement requires ridiculous continuous red tape training until u die.

Does that clear up ur bashing question? Im not the only insurance agent “bashing” . My upline who has 1000s of agents broker and captive are tired of the insanity

I've missed you PCBI.....:twitchy:

I know things will change juat like the AOR issue. Too many FMOs are tired of the phone calls. My other FMO has been lonbying to stop the required training for renewals for years now. Im just a small fry broker and would hate to be with multiple lines in house FMOs that have to train fir the rest if their lives in 10 diff MAPD companies just to b paid renewals.

Insane

Back