Humana MA has changed its AOR change policy

MA is not going anywhere, I do believe it's going to be harder for an agent not to offer them in years to come.

In fact, his AEP had a noticeably higher MA % for me than past years

I agree It will b hard to takeaway once implemented for a senior. But, remember they will likely find ways to reduce costs ans commissions are at the bottom of priority. There are a number of ways that very thing will play out bc $$$ will take from the bottom first

You are right especially I have been burned lines 4,5 & 6, few times a plan discontinues a com plan and start an Identical noncommission plan

You cant even moved them when they loved the plan.

I still write enough MA's to be worth it, & I am not going to stop, However I agree, lines 4,5 & 6 need to be fixed

Lets face reality. MAPD is subsidized by government. Govt is 22Trillion in debt. Some things will b scalped and the first heads taken off will b agent compensation. No guarantees w MAPD unlike guaranteed renewable insurance products and commissions like Life Insurance

I am new to Medicare . I have been in the insurance business for 30 years . Mostly life Insurance and Annuities . I was a P and C agent a few years ago. I decided to add Medicare to my book of Business , Anyway , Medicare goes well with my Life Insurance business.

I am little bit confused about Humana . One of my clients call them directly and asked about his new policy during AEP . Humana changed him to a different plan and took me off as agent of record !!!! They changed him from an HMO to a ppo . Anyway , I was told by Humana that they are all about protecting AOR . Again , I am new at this . I still don't know what the rules are . It sounds like a need to call of my clients and warn them not to call Humana directly if they have a question about their policy . . I would appreciate any feed back.

Last edited:
I am new to Medicare . I have been in the insurance business for 30 years . Mostly life Insurance and Annuities . I was a P and C agent a few years ago. I decided to add Medicare to my book of Business , Anyway , Medicare goes well with my Life Insurance business.

I am little bit confused about Humana . One of my clients call them directly and asked about his new policy during AEP . Humana changed him to a different plan and took me off as agent of record !!!! They changed him from an HMO to a ppo . Anyway , I was told by Humana that they are all about protecting AOR . Again , I am new at this . I still don't know what the rules are . It sounds like a need to call of my clients and warn them not to call Humana directly if they have a question about their policy . . I would appreciate any feed back.

Humana is slimy. Never give them permission to call your client, and always train your client to call you. They have in-house agents that are very eager to switch your clients over to them. My business partner used to work for Humana. She said they are the slimiest company out there. That's why I like Aetna so much. Absolute zero competition from in-house agents, high customer satisfaction, and a great plan.

Humana didn’t lie. They never said that. They said you can’t do an AOR change if it’s a like to like plan. An HMO to a PPO is not a like plan. Every company would make that as new biz

Humana didn’t lie. They never said that. They said you can’t do an AOR change if it’s a like to like plan. An HMO to a PPO is not a like plan. Every company would make that as new biz
which is honestly a good move IMO ...the alternative is the old days of LAST SIGNATURE IN GETS THE COMMISHHH

It's happened to me as well. Very irritating. You'll get the business back though.

The problem is they aggressively try to change and steel anyone that calls in

1 I was told by Humana manager to have my PDP clients call to make the change to the correct plan You know the one they should have been mapped too) and it would be an easy call and I would retain AOR

So many called me and told how they were mistreated when they would not switch to MA plan and could not sing up direct for the drug plan and had to call me, They even transfer people to my cell phone when Humana wouldn't switch to MA and told them only I as agent of record can change plans

In addition with Fast app they have a phone number listed as TECHNICAL Support and if a client calls when having issues doing the esign they will take aor as well

I had an age in client call in a couple months ago before he went effective, he called the number on back of his card with a question about the plan, and it routes the call into a sales office. They changed his plan. I was so confused, I called client, he didnt even realize what had happened. Of course, I got the business back, but what a waste of time.

At least I can see in the agent portal when a customer has a future inactive date, so I can have an idea of who I need to check in with.

Back