Humana Mail Order HUGE Glitch

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I just got off the phone with Right Source which is the Humana owned mail order pharmacy. My mother was missing a medication so I needed to find out what was happening.

The first thing I was told was that this was a glitch and they needed to manually send it. Thinking it was an isolated incident I asked if this was just an issue with this particular medication. Now I'm told that Medicare won't allow it to be sent automatically.

Cut to the chase. None of the medications are now being automatically mailed. (Getting this information was like pulling teeth).

Medicare and Humana seem to have a bit of an issue. I was told that Right Source is not sending ANYTHING automatically.

This is a bit more than a "glitch." When people start dying because they didn't realize until it was too late that their medication hasn't arrived I suspect we will hear more about this.

Oh yeah. Humana has not contacted their members about this.

Rick

I just got off the phone with Right Source which is the Humana owned mail order pharmacy. My mother was missing a medication so I needed to find out what was happening. The first thing I was told was that this was a glitch and they needed to manually send it. Thinking it was an isolated incident I asked if this was just an issue with this particular medication. Now I'm told that Medicare won't allow it to be sent automatically. Cut to the chase. None of the medications are now being automatically mailed. (Getting this information was like pulling teeth). Medicare and Humana seem to have a bit of an issue. I was told that Right Source is not sending ANYTHING automatically. This is a bit more than a "glitch." When people start dying because they didn't realize until it was too late that their medication hasn't arrived I suspect we will hear more about this. Oh yeah. Humana has not contacted their members about this. Rick
Thanks for the heads up. I have dozens enrolled with them. Bracing for the calls, but prepared now.

Yes, the 90 day refills. I think this is a major issue.

Rick

This is not a glitch, new Medicare rules which started 1/1/14 now prohibit any mail order pharmacy from automatically refilling prescriptions. My understanding is that RightSource never offered auto refill because all the mail order pharmacies knew this regulation was coming.

----------

This is not a glitch, new Medicare rules which started 1/1/14 now prohibit any mail order pharmacy from automatically refilling prescriptions. My understanding is that RightSource never offered auto refill because all the mail order pharmacies knew this regulation was coming.

w w w.medicare.gov/part-d/coverage/rules/drug-plan-coverage-rules.html

w w w.medicare.gov/part-d/coverage/rules/drug-plan-coverage-rules.html

Thanks. This is news to me and surprising that Humana didn't point this out.

I was told by Right Source that we now need to call them to request renewal. Perhaps there is an outbound phone call that initiates this but I don't recall receiving it.

Rick

So WHO has to call? the agent or the client or the dr's office?

Nothing but turbulence with this damn mapd's.

A. Why would someone die because Humana didn't send them their medications? The consumer still has the option to go to the local brick/mortar pharmacy and get a temporary fill to get them through, even if it cost them full price, the absense of third party payment/supply is not a reason to not take one's meds.

B. Yes, in our business and in your case, concerning your own mother, this is concerning.

Rick:
The mapd includes the pdp so if they have a mail order pharmacy active now, acc to your post, their 90-day refill would not occur unless re-activated? Correct?

Back