Humana Mailings

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
How can Humana get away mailing to people about a $0 premium MAPD available in their area that includes all the B.S. they can fit on the flyer when there is no $0 premium plan within 150 miles of their county? If we as agents did that we would be in CMS jail immediately. I'm sure in the really fine print it would say available only in certain counties but it is very misleading and I have had 3 clients call today wanting that plan instead of what I have them on. Makes them kind of question whether I'm really telling them the truth then also.

What does it matter whether it's a PPO, HMO or PFFS when they aren't in our County anyway? They have a PFFS that is over $90/month in our County and that is the only plan they have.

Are you (or the people who are contacting you) missing any key wording from the material such as "starting as low as $0" if the advertisement is generic and not plan specific? It's not like this is a new gimmick for anyone selling anything. But for what it's worth Section 30.1 of the CMS Marketing Guidelines state:

Plans/Part D Sponsors are prohibited from advertising outside of their defined service area unless unavoidable. For unavoidable situations, (e.g., advertising in print or broadcast media with a national audience or with an audience that includes some individuals outside of the service area, such as a Metropolitan Statistical Area that covers two regions), Plans/Part D Sponsors must clearly disclose their service area in the marketing materials.

So have the clients report them I guess.

What does it matter whether it's a PPO, HMO or PFFS when they aren't in our County anyway? They have a PFFS that is over $90/month in our County and that is the only plan they have.

I think GoPokes was asking if there is an ma-only (not mapd) plan @ $0...

They just have the one PFFS that includes the drug plan in our County. Sorry if I misunderstood GoPokes.

Back