Humana MAPD Chargeback Question

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I enrolled a prospect into Humana PPO with a 6-1-11 effective (ICEP, new to Medicare). I was paid commission + true-up. she now decides that she wants me to enroll her in the less costly Humana HMO for a 1-1-12 effective date. My PPO enrollment will be charged back for 5 months , but would I lose my "true-up" too?

If that happens, any success in appealing it to commissions dept?

Last edited:
Just happened to me. Signed a lady up effective 10-1-11
Just switcher her to another HMO. Got charged back $300 and only made $200 on the new sale. So I lose out on $100

I just had this as well. I enrolled someone and got the initial and the tru up for their 11-1 effective. The plan they are getting for 1-1-12 was not available in their county for '11 so they had to go with another for a couple months. I am now going to be charged back and only make the initial commission. Sucks big time but had to do it for the client.

Some of the companies are not on top of things are much as some. United sends out prorated chargeback statements twice a year for clients who left before 12 months. But I have not had that with any other companies.

Just happened to me. Signed a lady up effective 10-1-11
Just switcher her to another HMO. Got charged back $300 and only made $200 on the new sale. So I lose out on $100

Yes, but my member STAYED with the same company (Humana), just a different product. I know that I'll get a chargeback, but am unsure about the true-up.

Oh I see what you mean. Actually this did happen to me too. T65 for a lady I signed up for oct 1. Just switched her to the same company, snp.
I got a chargeback and only paid the renewal. Wonder what'll happen

To my understanding, once the client has been in the plan for 3 months there will be no chargeback.

Nope, they did away with that a few years ago. When MA plans were first available that was the case. I wanna say that changed about 2007. Might have been 2008. They charge back a prorated amoount now just like it was a life policy. They will chargeback 100% if the person doesn't keep it 3 months.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The 90 days is what is necessary to avoid a full chargeback for rapid disenrollment. After 90 days rather than losing 100%, you are prorated.

Rick

What he said. Sorry Rick, I didn't see your reply before I responded.

Last edited:
Back