Humana MAPD renewal commission does not increase YOY

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I was told by FMO that Humana does not increase renewal commissions for their MAPD plans according to CMS guidelines. In AZ, they are one of the only two carriers do this, and the other one is a rather small carrier, which means if you enrolled someone a few years ago, your PMPM renewal is a couple bucks less what other carriers are paying.

Several agents I spoke to are not even aware of this.

I was told by FMO that Humana does not increase renewal commissions for their MAPD plans according to CMS guidelines. In AZ, they are one of the only two carriers do this, and the other one is a rather small carrier, which means if you enrolled someone a few years ago, your PMPM renewal is a couple bucks less what other carriers are paying.

Several agents I spoke to are not even aware of this.

I dont think they ever did this however if you have to switch their plan for 2019 you will start receiving the higher renewal rate.This is the the silver lining of having to switch for what ever reason alot of your clients in to a new plan.

Humana always pays the max in Florida on new biz. Unless you mean clients that you already have with Humana. I only know of one company who raises your renewals on in force biz and that’s Wellcare.

Back