Humana Marketpoint Question?

medcounsel

Expert
Can one contract directly with Humana through Marketpoint to sell their MAPD products? Or, is Marketpoint strictly a captive situation?

Also, for anyone that knows....what are there draws to being captive?

I am currently appointed with them independently. You can be "captive" with them 2 ways, either a Meca (sp?) agent where they may give you some leads and as a "career agent" where you get salary, benifits, training, leads...the whole enchilada.

Sounds like you can contract directly as an independent or go as an employee. Why would someone contract through an FMO if you can go direct?

Btw...what is Marketpoint name for? Is this just the Medicare division of Humana?

Thanks for the info jadziab!

I am currently appointed with them independently. You can be "captive" with them 2 ways, either a Meca (sp?) agent where they may give you some leads and as a "career agent" where you get salary, benifits, training, leads...the whole enchilada.

"captive" meaning that you can ONLY sell Humana as a MCA, nothing else? That's what I've always thought. The FMO that I'm with once did a mail drop for me, but I got zilch from it- no replies. If there are any direct agents out there, I sure would like to hear if Humana gives you anything.

What I meant by "captive" is that the only MAPD, PDP, Med Supp you can sell is Humana. They have gotten very big on wanting Life, LTC and Annuities from their career agents. I had to :nah:stalk them to get my indy contract.

What I meant by "captive" is that the only MAPD, PDP, Med Supp you can sell is Humana. They have gotten very big on wanting Life, LTC and Annuities from their career agents. I had to :nah:stalk them to get my indy contract.

LOL. I had to "stalk" them too. When I first inquired back in 07, they weren't accepting any new agents. Then in Fall 2008, they started up again.

not sure what is Marketpoint name for, I'm still trying to figure out how I got to be Jadzia:yes:

Marketpoint is their senior division. I know the Humana office in Kansas City is big on career agents and do not really concern themselves with brokers or MECA agents.

Marketpoint is their senior division. I know the Humana office in Kansas City is big on career agents and do not really concern themselves with brokers or MECA agents.

I think that most of humana is structured that way. That's why they never give leads to the brokers and feel that they can pay us less than all of the other plans. They just don't need us.

I was captive with them for nearly 6 years. I would say THEY DO really concern themselves or MECA and delegated agents. I saw their sales goals each year and we would not have hit them each year if it were not for the help of the delegated and MECA agents. My sales manager was constantly doing training for delegated agents and used them in Walmarts in areas where there were no captive agents. Atleast that was in my market, Coloradol

Back