Humana Maternity Coverage

but thats not were the risk is....if the baby is a premie then the baby is add to the health plan..(whether they cover maternity or not ) ..thats what the insurance company's is afraid of.....and in most case's maternity is a wash....take it from a man who had twins at a $250,000 tab.........

Thank you for your help. I am not sure I am following you though. Are you saying it is worth it for the security of the "abnormal"? Or are you saying it's not worth it because anything going wrong with the baby is covered automatically. Sorry for not following the bouncing ball!

Last edited:
Write Assurant for maternity

Sorry John. Wrong answer. As always, you make matter of fact, broad brush statements and it is just incorrect for the person who asked the question about coverage for themselves. This person stated they are in Georgia. And as somarco kindly pointed out to this poster, she could call him for some options.

You see, here in a 27 county area of Georgia, there is a carrier who offers maternity as part of their plan with NO waiting period. And to make it even better, the cost of having a baby is $3,000. There is no additional premium and it can be written on an individual (a family plan isn't required). For example, take a 28 year old couple planning to have a baby. You could write just her with a $2,000 deductible plan for $173 per month, and again, the total cost for the OB-GYN and delivery is $3k (including hospital). Assurant can't come close.

So, to come on here and tell people in that matter of fact way to write Assurant for maternity is poor advice. It may work in your neck of the woods, but it just doesn't fly down here.

JRSA -

The Humana option, even if you got in "under the wire" was one of the least competitive plans out there for maternity.

Can't imagine why it is taking so long. Humana usually kicks these things out in a day.

As indicated earlier, if you are buying H1 and counting on global billing to get you covered, you are playing games.

You see, here in a 27 county area of Georgia, there is a carrier who offers maternity as part of their plan with NO waiting period. And to make it even better, the cost of having a baby is $3,000. There is no additional premium and it can be written on an individual (a family plan isn't required). For example, take a 28 year old couple planning to have a baby. You could write just her with a $2,000 deductible plan for $173 per month, and again, the total cost for the OB-GYN and delivery is $3k (including hospital). Assurant can't come close.

I tried to PM you, but I'm too new. Is 31088 in that region of coverage. I haven't come across that in all my research. Thanks!
p.s. I am 28 plus 10 :laugh:

Back