Humana Maternity Coverage

Are you like this is real life, or just on the internet? I don't need to PM you - I already know the answer - have an agency owner friend in GA - 14 years in the biz. I just wanted to see how you'd handle this post - and you haven't let me down.

I guess we can move onto the next thread. Lord....

Lol. I do indeed have an affiliation with several brokerages in several states who advise both me and new members on state specifics - which is why I'm finding this thread amusing.

About 1 or 2 hours of my day every day is contacting agencies is various states to arrange affiliations for state-specific support. Fantastic results - a lot of people looking to help agents.

Are you like this is real life, or just on the internet? I don't need to PM you - I already know the answer - have an agency owner friend in GA - 14 years in the biz. I just wanted to see how you'd handle this post - and you haven't let me down.

I guess we can move onto the next thread. Lord....

Oh no, with people who think they know everything, I'm just like this in real life. I love to let them show their ignorance. I've found you can't tell them anything because they know it all. Just as you have now told us, "you already know". And so, you throw out sentences like,

"Are we going to post this plan for the benefit of all members reading this board? Or is this no longer a place where information is provided but a place were secrets are kept."

and

"I'd really like to become educated - who are these carriers or do we get another witty "go find it" remark"

and I especially liked this one:

"I like the diversion tactic but the fact remains that if you're telling clients that a pregnancy (pre-natal + birth) is $3,000 that's a "Mega-ish" way of thinking."

Then you tell us "you already knew" the plans and just wanted to see how I would handle your post. Yeah right. You may know now after calling on someone in Georgia, but I doubt very seriously you knew before this thread started.

John, being the altruistic person you are, by all means, go ahead and share with everyone who the carriers are. I didn't want to say because I wanted you to work for it. Which I'm sure you have. But only in an attempt to try and prove me wrong and yourself right. If you now know, great. Then you can retract some of those statements you made. Especially the Mega-ish statement. If you truly know the carriers I speak of, then you know they aren't Mega-ish and you also know that my statement isn't Mega-ish. But if anyone should know about Mega, it would be you.

Heck John, when I found you, I threw out my dictionary, thesaurus and every other reference item I had because all I have to do now is come here and I'll get me an edumuhcation from the all knowing John Petrowski.

What's it like being perfect John?

but what is the prem. diffrence between that plan and a non~mat plan with a 2500 ded...

but what is the prem. diffrence between that plan and a non~mat plan with a 2500 ded

$0

They don't offer a $2500, but they do have $3000 & $2000.

The answer is still the same.

$0

Yep - pretty elusive this "secret carrier." Maybe someone could check something like...oh....Ehealth. Nah...they wouldn't list 'em. But as I say - bag of popcorn and beer - no better free entertainment than this board.

And back to over a page ago before Sman dazzled us with his wit, when that carrier's underwriting craps out it's off to Assurant for maternity.

Rinse and repeat.

I am not going to get involved with any arguing, I'll let you guys fight it out.

For what it is worth I had two babies on a non-maternity individual plan.

Our costs were:

Doctor - $2500 (all visits, ultrasounds)
Hospital - $3000
Anesthesiologist - $800

Just over $6000.

It should also be noted in Texas if you are pregnant it is my understanding that INCOME is no longer asked for Medicaid, therefore why would anyone buy a $500 to $600 limited coverage maternity plan when the government will pay for your irresponsibility (and encourage such action).

Individual maternity outside of a HMO setting or state mandate (to balance the adverse selection) is a losing battle. Maternity is tried over and over again and no one gets anywhere with it.

Back