Humana med supps?

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
I was noticing that the Humana med supp rates in my state are competitive (for non-smokers anyway). What are they like to deal with in regard to commissions, processing applications, underwriting etc?

I know that there have been quite a few negative reports here about Humana but I am not sure whether the concerns are mostly related to MA's or what. If the med supp rates are good, are they manageable to deal with or are there issues?

Winter

Did you ever get any feedback on the Humana med supps? I was thinking about adding them since I sell a fair amount of their health plans here in South Texas due to good rates.

No, never got any comments but found out along the way that Humana pays only about 153 bucks for a med supp sale and the same for renewals. I am not a purist when it comes to pretending that commissions do not make a difference in terms of who I do business with. I have expenses and am not going to subsidize Humana even if it could feasably save my clients a few dollars in some instances. Their rates are good in my state but their product is meant to be sold by their captive sales force and is sort of just there if an independent wants to sell it as a service to some clients.

Screw that.

Winter

Back