Humana Medicare Advantage Question

Yea, this is only my second AEP since ive been in the industry. first year we got crushed. But this was the first AEP I was really able to see what was possible, I focused on Humana, Aetna, UHC only for MA, so it was relatively easy, but if you're not used to going through the sale, or have a good process flow in place, it was taking me hours to get the sale done.

that all being said, I did about 100 in new MA business, wrote about another 120 part Ds all from my book of supplements, lots of ancillaries, not much FE. All Telesales. but my first year I only put up 20 deals total MAPDP. so its a huge difference to have the process hollowed out for anyone new in the MA arena.

A Humana agent signed one of our Medicare Supplement customer and his wife up for a Medicare Advantage plan on Friday December 7th. He's 87 and his wife's 86, he has major heart issues and his wife has major mobility problems due to bone disease. When they told us they wanted to cancel the Med Supp policy with us, we discussed the reasons why we did not agree. The agent had mis-led them and they clearly did not understand what they were doing other than saving them dollars on the monthly premiums. They originally called Humana to look at a drug plan. After talking to us which was within the hour of the agent leaving their home, they called the agent back and told them they did not want the policy. The agent told them she could not cancel the policies for them, but they must call the dis-enrollment line. Is this correct, the agent is unable to assist them on canceling the policy? By the way they have been given the complete run around by Humana, and are very upset. They wait on hold for up to 45 minutes and then get disconnected or unable to reach. They spent most of the day yesterday trying to contact Humana with no assistance. we are having the same issue today, 30 minute waits and then are told wrong department. Pretty sad situation and I'm glad I don't have the power to revoke someones license.

You accuse agent of wrong doing with very few facts. Which Humana MAPD did they enroll them into? What was the MOOP? Lot of assumptions that MAPD is evil & agent is evil with very little information. What is the financial situation of the client? Can they afford the supplement premiums. While I agree supplement maybe better for customers whom have many complex medical issues, it is not always that simple. If they are struggling to pay the supplement premiums, all doctors in MAPD, low MOOP with great drug coverage it may not have been such a diabolical move by the agent.

Back