Humana No Longer Taking Credit/debit Cards

FL P&C Broker

Guru
100+ Post Club
I imagine this will be a mess for some of you guys. I have my off exchange plan on automatic debit with a credit card. Thank god I actually opened a piece of mail from them.

Huh? I just spoke to a client who received the email stating that their account was debited for the monthly payment.

Based off your post I assume it was post mail you received?

Could you white out any PII and upload so we can see what you received? That would be a huge help!

Thanks for that.

This has got to be one of the most retarded things I've seen come out of the ACA.

Must be having merchant account issues with over billing and chargebacks.

Do you think it is just a Humana thing? I liked paying with a CC. It was easy and I got the points.

I've not heard this from anyone else. Bank draft only just screams issues.

Example, an OE client who I set up on bank draft had his account overdrafted by $ 3,723 by the carrier. They drafted one payment (full cost no APTC) and manually ran it again the next day.

Talk about a mess.

I recall seeing an email from my (former) Humana rep a few weeks ago stating H would no longer honor credit cards as of X date.

Thought I trashed it but apparently got archived in my weekly run.

An important email was sent out to agents today regarding changes that will impact HumanaOne members that are using Credit/Debit Card for their payment method.

Essentially, All Off-Exchange members will have to move to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) method of payment going forward. Members are going to be receiving notices from Humana advising members of this change.

I am forwarding this notice to you to ensure that you are aware of this announcement.

This change will not impact On-Exchange members’ payment method

Please review the notice below. It is very important that any off exchange members using credit/debit card for automatic payments are made aware of this change.

Please Note the effective date of this change is April 11. Members will still be able to make their April premium payment with the credit/debit card they have on file, provided the payment is made before April 11.

In December we communicated to you that new for 2016, Humana will no longer offer members purchasing a plan off the Health Insurance Marketplace to use debit or credit card as a recurring payment option.

We are now beginning to reach out to those members that currently have a recurring payment set up using their debit or credit card. These members will soon be receiving a notification, either by letter or email, informing that beginning April 11, 2016 they will no longer be able to pay their monthly premium with their debit or credit card.

While members are still able to continue making automatic monthly payments, they must now set up these payments through their checking or savings account. They are able to set up the payments directly through their MyHumana account, in the eBilling section.

For additional assistance on how to set up a new automatic payment or additional payment options available to them, please visit Humana.com/payinfo.

This is old news for agents, Humana notified us in December that recurring payments for Off Exchange plans was no longer being accepted and notified us in March of the On Exchange changes

Humana wants as many subscribers gone as possible, this is one of the ways they chose to do so.

I was sent a list of all my CC off exchange Humana clients...since I demanded it when I found out last month about the new rule. I called every client....gave them the heads up.....stepped them through the web site for changing to EFT. They all thanked me profusely......and glad I will not have to take any calls from client crying that they lost their insurance for non-payment when their credit cards no longer were getting hit. said they never saw a letter from Humana with the notice.

Personally, many of my clients (myself included) loved racking up cc points with this over priced insurance....as just one small perk.

If you are on the exchange you can pay any way you want....its just one more way to stick it to the hard working middle class. What will they think of next? Cutting commissions to agents? ;)

Back