Humana Not Paying Tru Ups?

spyguy779

Expert
I have been contracted and certified with Humana since 2012. They have always paid their initial and tru ups payments within 30 days of when the policy was submitted.

Since approximately April of this year, they have not paid me the tru ups on any of my sales. I've completed a pay audit request which they processed and confirmed I am owed the money but still have not paid me. It's now been 7 weeks since they confirmed I'm owed this money and still nothing.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this same issue or am I the only one? What steps have you taken to resolve it?

Thanks for any suggestions...:mad:

Yes, we are experiencing the same issue in the same time frame.

They keep telling us its an issue with CMS.

In the last 2 weeks we have received a few true ups that were written in September.....but still nothing from plans written in April thru early Sept.

That's a relief to hear it's not just me. I also have been paid tru ups recently on pdps submitted within the past 45 days or so but nothing except the initial, prorated amount for months April thru September.

I read a thread though about how UHC is only paying that initial amount, even when they are New To Medicare....I hope Humana is not following suit

Yes, we are experiencing the same issue in the same time frame.

They keep telling us its an issue with CMS.

In the last 2 weeks we have received a few true ups that were written in September.....but still nothing from plans written in April thru early Sept.

That is a blanket answer from Humana.

When ever I had an issue with anything with Humana the Always say it is an issue with CMS. Humana never takes responsibility for anything ever

That's a relief to hear it's not just me. I also have been paid tru ups recently on pdps submitted within the past 45 days or so but nothing except the initial, prorated amount for months April thru September. I read a thread though about how UHC is only paying that initial amount, even when they are New To Medicare....I hope Humana is not following suit

It's not that a company will only pay the initial amount, but only the prorated amount for the rest of the year

Pro-rated commissions are common for Non-Initial MA sales. We are talking about Initial MA sales. Humana pays these as Non-Initial sales by pro-rating the commissions and then makes it up as an Initial sale via a true-up when CMS confirms it is indeed an initial. Humana has neglected to true-up any of these initial sales written from April thru early September.

So this morning I received a random deposit from Humana for about half of the money that I'm owed for that time period. Very strange because none of this money was listed on yesterday's commission statement. After almost 6 months of jumping through hoops, and submitting multiple pay audit requests, finally got paid half my money......crazy

So this morning I received a random deposit from Humana for about half of the money that I'm owed for that time period. Very strange because none of this money was listed on yesterday's commission statement. After almost 6 months of jumping through hoops, and submitting multiple pay audit requests, finally got paid half my money......crazy

"Half a loaf is better than none."
My CarePlus renewals comes once every quarter.:yes:

Back