Humana Part D

dandan

Guru
100+ Post Club
Humana has a commercial advertising the low priced wal-mart humana plan, they say it is the lowest cost part d plan, isn't this comparing or stating it is a better deal for the medicare recipient..... is that allowed CMS?

Re: Humana Pt D

Humana has a commercial advertising the low priced wal-mart humana plan, they say it is the lowest cost part d plan, isn't this comparing or stating it is a better deal for the medicare recipient..... is that allowed CMS?

Is it lowest cost or lowest premium...Because if it is the latter it is a true statement...But if they use the word cost I would think its a CMS complaint waiting to happen.

Do they mention the $310 deductible in the ad? Yeah...in fine print at the bottom of the screen. That coming from the same company that tells us we can't sneeze in their house or drink a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Is it lowest cost or lowest premium...Because if it is the latter it is a true statement...But if they use the word cost I would think its a CMS complaint waiting to happen.

JUST HEARD THE COMMERCIAL: It says "Lowest national average premium... "

Which is factual so there is no violation.

That was my question too. I'm guessing the OP is miss-quoting the commercial.

I don't know why so many people in here peg on the $310 ded. on these plans. For the plans with that ded. the co-pays are generally cheaper than the plans without it. The beneficiary should be looking at the whole year cost and not the first month or two when they are trying to get through the ded. I've had ZERO people complain that I was advising them to take a plan with a $310 ded. Present it as a bad thing and it is.

Last edited:
lowest cost or lowest premium shouldn't matter, I couldn't sit down with a secret shopper and get away with either of those staements.

When for a 2 week period of insanity I manned a walmart kiosk, I swear every other person that came up the first sentence included is this the "best" plan.....It got to the point that I was thinking everyone was a secret shopper....I was re-reading Arcadians info and it states if I find out someone is a secret shopper I can't then cancel the appointment....I tell you if I think they are a secret shopper I don't care what CMS says I will ask them the following 2 questions.

1. My time is valuable, are you a secret shopper?
2. Do you have a person interest in this plan?

I feel I have the right to deal with whoever I wish as a client so regardless of the answer if I don't feel the right vibe I will recommend they use another agent or contact the company direct.

If CMS bust me for it they would be doing me a favor.

This doesn't say anything about lowest premium, but this is one commercial I found.

Last edited by a moderator:

... The beneficiary should be looking at the whole year cost and not the first month or two when they are trying to get through the ded. I've had ZERO people complain that I was advising them to take a plan with a $310 ded. Present it as a bad thing and it is.

Humana has the ZERO deductible on some of their MAPD's. And it is hard to ask a ZERO mentality couple to shell out $620 bucks for a stand alone PDP vs. ZERO on the Humana crappy MAPD PPO.

That said, I'm having a hard time selling the Humana PPO's. They have a very shallow provider network and what if they see someone that doesn't accept the Humana PPO. Then they are out-of-network. But, what if they see a provider whom does NOT accept Humana? Then wouldn't the ZERO PPO person pay the entire bill for the out-of-network care from a non-accepting Humana provider? (I'm not talking about Emergency / Urgent care)

And another issue is Humana and their lack of supplies. I ordered supplies 5 weeks ago and still nothing! We call them weekly to re-order and they tell us that the supplies were shipped. And nothing arrives accept applications. It cost me $4.40 to copy the SOB's and they have yet to send me any supplies except they send boat loads of applications. I have lots of applications!

I was just in a home that received their Humana ANOC renewal packet. Their PPO packet didn't include a provider directory. They are losing one local Humana provider this month. My copy of the 2011 provider directory includes another provider who left 2 years ago! 2 years ago, and they have yet to remove this doctor from their directory! :1arghh: Humana makes me sick to my stomach! :1arghh: Yet I have to have em (sorry JD)!

What gets me is....they require this, this, this, this and this from agents and I have yet to get a formulary on any plan or brochures on their other 2 PDP plans.

I got plenty of apps and Wal-Mart/Humana PDP, brochures. Who is in charge of this outfit? They need to get their act together.

And yes, I'm sorry, but most folks don't like a $310 deductible and a formulary that's not as good for $14.80 a month.

The comeback is...quit bitching about them and don't write them. Answer...some folks love em.:skeptical:

Back