Humana PPO to PPO commissions

Wiggy

I've asked everyone I can think of and haven't gotten a straight answer. In my area (Southern IN), Humana has come out with a "skinny" LPPO. It is $25 ($0 with LIS), and the benefits are VERY similar to the existing Humana LPPO ($47/$43 LIS).

I am doing a ton of conversions from the existing LPPO to the skinny (both from existing clients and new clients). A couple individuals thought that LPPO to LPPO conversions within Humana are non-commissionable/ reduced commissions. I called my upline, regional manager, etc and they thought it was full commission (but weren't 100% sure). I've read through the PRoducer Partnership Pages and can't find anything about reduced commissions, but want to be sure. It looks like I'll be able to sell a few hundred policies in this way, but don't want to get an unpleasant surprise in January.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

I've asked everyone I can think of and haven't gotten a straight answer. In my area (Southern IN), Humana has come out with a "skinny" LPPO. It is $25 ($0 with LIS), and the benefits are VERY similar to the existing Humana LPPO ($47/$43 LIS).

I am doing a ton of conversions from the existing LPPO to the skinny (both from existing clients and new clients). A couple individuals thought that LPPO to LPPO conversions within Humana are non-commissionable/ reduced commissions. I called my upline, regional manager, etc and they thought it was full commission (but weren't 100% sure). I've read through the PRoducer Partnership Pages and can't find anything about reduced commissions, but want to be sure. It looks like I'll be able to sell a few hundred policies in this way, but don't want to get an unpleasant surprise in January.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Call Humana Agent Support 800-309-3163.

Call Humana Agent Support 800-309-3163.
I've called agent support, the commission department, Humana agency management, the territory sales manager, the regional sales manager, my FMO, a former FMO, and a captive Humana agent. No one can tell me.

It makes me worry that this is a well calculated maneuver by Humana. Either we move the clients for reduced commissions or they get a bunch of house accounts. Hope I'm wrong.

I've called agent support, the commission department, Humana agency management, the territory sales manager, the regional sales manager, my FMO, a former FMO, and a captive Humana agent. No one can tell me.

It makes me worry that this is a well calculated maneuver by Humana. Either we move the clients for reduced commissions or they get a bunch of house accounts. Hope I'm wrong.

Yes, and this plan is not listed. The issue is that there have been rumors that all LPPO to LPPO replacements might be non-commissionable.

I don't see anything in the commission schedule that would indicate you won't get paid. It is a "Like" plan change and you should be paid accordingly.

Thank you, Todd. So in IN that would be $228, then typical renewals in following years? Thanks for your patience, I was pretty worried about this.

I am doing a ton of conversions

Isn't the time to ask this is before doing a ton of conversions?

I am doing a ton of conversions

Isn't the time to ask this is before doing a ton of conversions?
Hence the whole part about me asking a dozen sources before I came here.

Besides, I read somewhere that you're supposed to do what's right for the client regardless of commissions. Ok, back to selling. Speaking of spending time wisely.. how's your AEP going?

Back