Humana question

Aug 22, 2018

1. billyb

billyb Guru

Humana has a very competitive Medicare Supplement here. Every policy I have written has not paid my commission until I submit an audit. Me and my up line has called numerous times. It looks like their commission department could figure out what is going on. Anyone else have trouble getting paid?

billyb, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Packerland

Packerland Super Genius

State:
    Wisconsin
    In my experience I have found Humana Medicare supplement Department to be less than ideal. I do find her mapd Department to be really outstanding.

3. somarco

somarco That Medicare Guy

State:
    Georgia
    That's something you don't hear every day.

I have done very little Medigap business with them. A few years ago I had folks who wanted HDF and that was the only plan even close to competitive here.

Seems like I submitted 6 or 7 apps, all electronic. Half of them went MIA. I do get paid on the few that are left, but not on a regular basis. The ones that went missing pi$$ed off the client, they blamed me, and went somewhere else.

I don't need that much drama in my life.

If a commission deposit shows up in my bank I celebrate with a Big Mac meal, but not supersized.

somarco, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    They are very competitive here in FL.

To the OP, Careplus is owned by humana and I’ve had no less than 10 apps this year get put under an in-house agent instead of me. They claim that it’s because they never get the last page.
    I don’t know of anyone else this happens to but I always have to keep up with every app I write with them.

I haven’t had it happen once on my humana mapd and med supps tho

Chazm, Aug 23, 2018
  5. XpressInsurance

XpressInsurance Super Genius

State:
    Arkansas

Good reason to only use electronic applications.

6. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I usually mapa for humana but they haven’t added Careplus yet to the iPad app

Chazm, Aug 23, 2018
  7. bmarsh

bmarsh Super Genius

State:
    Florida
    Use MAPA desktop, i've been spamming Humana to add Careplus to the new Enrollment Hub on all of their survey's...so we will see.

The Enrollment hub is like 10x better than the mapa

bmarsh, Aug 23, 2018
  8. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I’ve tried using the hub on my iPad and it wouldn’t work. I tried chrome and safari. I would input all the info, hit next and nothing. That was the end of July so maybe it works now

Chazm, Aug 23, 2018
  9. billyb

billyb Guru

No one said anything about getting paid so I assume that I am the only one that does.

billyb, Aug 23, 2018
  10. timeflies

timeflies Super Genius

I stay as far away from Humana as possible. Med Supps or MAPD. Customer service is a joke, but it really is quite sad. With all of the competition, I see no reason to sell their plans, unless someone insists on me signing them up.